XXIV

Grayson's POV

"Listen, Y/n, she only came because she wanted to-"

"Get you to be with her after your release" she suggests, her eyes wandering my shocked facial expression.

"How did you know?"

"I guess Ethan wasn't completely wrong..." My heart broke at the sight of her. Why? Well, her bright eyes were no longer bright. They were dull and sad. Her face usually had a friendly glow, now a natural glum setting.

"I didn't say yes" i try to justify. It was true, i didn't want anyone or anything after my release except Y/n.

She sighs, sounding completely defeated. Crushed. "That's not the point, Grayson."

I furrow my eyebrows, not understanding fully what she was getting at. So she continues, "that baby doesn't deserve to have one parent. I think you should-"

"No."

"Grayson."

"I cannot do that. I know what i did is now a consequence, but i won't even get to see the baby, given my record."

A small tear appears just underneath her eye, rolling slowly. It leaves a shiny trail behind it. "That baby is not just a consequence, Grayson" she says, letting go of the doorknob. She takes small steps to me, holding my large hands in her smaller ones, "one day that baby will have you wrapped around it's finger and you'll be completely in love with the feeling of being the father" she says. It was a guilt trip. She wanted to make me feel bad.

"She wants to break it off with you. She doesn't want you anymore, Grayson." The voice kept taunting me.

But it sounded right.

"Stop lying" i tell her, my jaw slightly clenched as i talk through my teeth.

"I'm not lying, Gray." She's never used my nickname before.

"She wants to let you down easy" he continues.

"I just want you to understand that that baby is not at fault here. So don't make it seem that way." My eyes turn dark. I could feel it. I take my hands from hers, the rage building slowly.

"It's Katrina's fault" i seethe, thinking back on the night she slipped into my cell. The last night.

"She isn't fully at fault either, Grayson. It takes two people to-"

"I know" i yell, looking directly into her eyes. No fear in sight. That peaked my curiosity.

"Why aren't you afraid?" She cracks a small smile, as if to mock me. No one has ever done that before.

"You don't scare me, Grayson."

That pissed me off. What does she mean she isn't scared by me?

"Show her what scared is."

I take the chance to listen to him, knowing that i'm better off without a liability. She's a liability. I walk closer to her, my eyes squinted. My body language was stiff and cold. Her smile faded, but her eyes stayed the same dull y/e/c. As if she didn't care that i could hurt her.

"I could kill you right now. You know that, right?"

The dense air lifted when she smiled again, "if you wanted to..." she pauses, crossing her arms over her plump chest, "you would've done it already." I sigh as she turns around, placing her hand on the doorknob as she pulls it with her to a close. She was probably half way down the hallway by now, but i was leaned against the door.