C H A P T E R 3

[January 07, 2016 12:00 am]

Grey didn't know what to expect, but he should have seen this from Midnight.

At the exact same time his alarm clock sent a notification that it was twelve, then like some cliche movie, his phone started ringing.

"Hello?" Grey asked drowsily even though he wasn't asleep.

"Oh, shoot! Grey I am so sorry! I thought you wouldn't mind if I called and I called but I didn't know you were sleeping, but you did say it was alright if I called, but still I'm sorry I didn't know it was a horrible time and-"

Grey couldn't help but laugh at her nervousness.

"Chill, Midnight right? He asked clarifying her name.

"Yup." She answered back into her cheerful voice.

"So... You called." He asked how feeling awkward. Why did she call?

"Yup! And again i apologize if it's a really bad time... But... I guess I wanted to know you better."

"Midnight..."

"I know it's dumb, I don't even know you aside from accidentally butt dialing you and your number... But you're the first guy I actually dialed accidentally you know?"

"You mean you actually butt dialed someone before?"

"Yup! Both girls. They're really nice, and believe it or not I'm actually friends with them in real life. But... They did told me to stop, but every time I call someone during midnight it's almost like a sign... Kind of like a way of meeting someone I guess..."

"Cool."

"That's all you have to say?" Midnight asked in a teasing voice.

"Should I say more? Is saying more defines how much more important the thing is?"

"Sorry... I didn't mean to agitate you... It's just... It's always been a way of expressing myself... I tend to forget other people have different ways of expressing themselves." She laughed softly but her voice sounded genuinely.

He laughed along to just enjoying the simplicity and nonsense of their talk.

"Me too Midnight... Me too."

- - - - -