C H A P T E R 2 7

Sa huli,
Patawad.
Nagtiwala kay tadhana at sa dulo, natalo.

-
In the end,
I'm sorry.
We trusted fate and lost in the end.

[Feb 26, 2018            11:35 am]

"Ms. Rodriguez I asked you a question"

Midnight's sleepy state was suddenly gone and she jumped up unexpectedly. The day had started as horrible as it could get, but now it was getting worse.

"I'm sorry." She sputtered out feeling guilty. Ms. Kay wasn't the nicest teacher but she wouldn't like it too if someone fell asleep while she was talking.

Ms. Kay looked at Midnight and glared but nevertheless she didn't comment and allowed Midnight to sit once again. She'd take that rather than detention.

Sulking in her seat, she glanced at Kyle who was perked up high, attentively listening, while copying notes.

She sighed and grabbed her pencil case to start copying until she felt a gentle grab on her wrist.

She looked questioningly at Kyle but he didn't glanced at her, simply writing.

"Kyle?" She whispered softly, and only when he glanced she felt saddened once again. Kyle was her best friend. Why did she push him away?

"Kyle I'm sorry." She suddenly burst, the wrist that was in within Kyle's hand held his shirt. "I'm so sorry."

Kyle looked at her, no anger yet no remorse displaying. He simply let go of her wrist and pulled her closer.

"Night, you don't have to be sorry." He whispered softly and that made Midnight even guiltier. She made Grey her world, that she forgot other people actually cared about her. She forgot that she had a life and people who depended on her.

With those thoughts she controlled her tears and continued to write, not feeling better but not feeling guilt.

She would get there.

Kyle glanced at his best friend who he knew was guilty. He loved Night but he was still her best friend. And she needed emotional support right now. Not reprimanding. He would be there for her all the time.

"We're here N. I'm here."

Midnight smiled.

-

[Feb 26, 2017     6:30 pm]

Her eyes looked at the food and her ears filled with the soft aesthetic music in the background.

She and Kyle had decided to go out after school, and he brought her to this new restaurant that was apparently "too good to be true" Kyle's words, not hers.

"split bill?" She asked even though they always did it. It had a sense of comfort the do the same things again.

To not go out of what is unfamiliar.

"On me Night." Kyle glanced at her obsidian eyes. He loved how dark they were and how well they contrasted with her light blue-infused hair. She was beautiful.

Midnight looked at him with worry and confusion. They have always split bill. And they ordered tons of food, to pay for it would be too expensive.

"K, I don't know what you're up to, but I am perfectly capable of paying for myself and-"

"Just this once."

Midnight hated how her brain was comparing Grey and Kyle. She didn't want to. Heck, she didn't even wanted to think about Grey. But her mind drifted to how he would answer her. He'd probably distract her then pay for it. Then they'd have a good laugh about it.

'Stop it.' She chastised herself once again, hating herself  for thinking about him and for comparing him to Kyle. Kyle didn't deserve that.

But her thoughts drifted.

Thoughts of the beautiful Filipino boy who managed to make her heart flutter. She knew she wasn't in love, well hoped she wasn't in love but her thoughts of Grey always came and they would never leave.

He would never leave.

As much as Midnight wanted to forget Grey, she could not bring herself to regret any moment.

Every moment with him, of him became a part of Midnight. It clung onto her but unlike a snake, it was gentle. Holding her firm but never hurting her.

Midnight, full of regret wished Grey would just hurt her. Hurt is bearable. It's easy to move on when someone you loved never really loved you.

But she knew somewhere, Grey loved her.

And that made things so much harder.

For once, Midnight wished everything was back to normal. Back to what she knew. Back to what was familiar. Grey was her reality now. She just didn't wanted to accept it.

"Night." She snapped back, forcing a smile. Now she felt like being alone.

"I think I'm going home, K."

Kyle watched his best friend stand up and haggardly walked through the door. He let her be.

-
Hey guys! Hope y'all liked this chapter and had a good day. I LOWKEY know how weird it is for Midnight to be in love one moment and the next to hate the idea of her and Grey together but i'd like to clarify, IT HAPPENS.

It's happened to me and sometimes I hate how easy my resolved is broken. I'm sure there are others who can be in love but at the same time want to be alone. I'm sure we all have those moments where we hate ourselves for liking a person we know is no good for us.

Now, I'm not saying Grey is a bad influence for Night in fact he's a great boi who's doing his best. But I want y'all to remember MIDNIGHT IS 17. She's young. She's stupid. And she makes decisions on her emotions and because of that she deems them right.

BUT,

I'm not saying Midnight is a bad character. She's real. Honest. We make choices that we'll regret and we'll wish we either did, or didn't do them. I wanted both characters that were not only love interests but also had their own shades and contrasts.

Sorry for the super long rant OOF. Just needed to protect my babies

-梅花