C H A P T E R 5

[January 17,2017    11:54 pm]

Midnight was restless.

  She couldn't wait until it was twelve and she could finally call Grey. She could have right now, but It was like a thing.IT WAS THEIR THING. she would call at midnight and Grey would answer and they would talk until one of them falls asleep or just decide that it was time to drop the phone.

Grey was one of the most nicest and funniest guys she's ever met. And no doubt he would be gorgeous. His silky voice, husky laugh, affected Midnight too much to her own liking.

"Thinking about him again?" Emilie , her roommate asked with light smile on her face.

"Why would I be?" Midnight asked and scoffed, but her eyes wandered back to her phone and a small smile played on her lips.

All Emilie did was hum causing Midnight to scoff and look at her.

"Seriously Emilie, I don't like the guy, he's just nice, funny and cool. I mean I can talk to guys without liking him right?"

"You can but obviously you like this one. How long will you deny that girlie?"

"I'm not denying anything Emilie!" Her voice rising to an octave, showing distress.

All Emilie did was look at her and sigh. "Okay girlie, if that's what you believe. But you better ring lover boy up. It's already 12:05"

Midnight's eyes widen and a small flush on her cheeks. She picked her phone up and rang it, while bouncing slightly.

"Midnight."

"Grey!" Excitement clear on her voice causing her to blush and Emilie to snicker softly.

"You seemed to miss me." He joked softly causing her to blush at how husky and silky his voice was.

"Why would I?"

"I missed you though."

Those simple words. Those simple words made Midnight's heart thump and her head to spin. It was weird how a guy she just met made her world spin.

"You did?" Midnight asked trying to keep her calm.

His rich laughter echoed to her ears causing her to smile. Grey's laughter was the best thing she has heard.

"Don't doubt me princess, of course I did."

"I missed you too."

"I.... Thank you..."

"For what?"

"For missing me."

"Don't be silly, it's not hard missing someone you like."

"No one really misses me Midnight. "

"I do.... And I'm someone right?" She whispered softly her heart breaking and pounding for a boy who could be miles away from her.

"Your more than someone. You're Midnight. And you make me happy."

"I like making you happy." She teased softly once again rewarded with Grey's gorgeous laughter.

"Thanks for the dedication Midnight."

"Course, besides I'm your most trusted employee!" Their conversation starting to turn into nonsense that only they could understand.

"You're my only employee. "

It was silent for a moment both cherishing the happiness and moments they both give each other then suddenly Grey was laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"Thanks Midnight, really."

"For what?"

"For missing me, for making me happy, for sticking by me."

"Always,Grey."

Then they dropped the call.

Midnight glanced at Emilie who looked at her with a deep expression and a small smile plastered on her face.

"What?" Midnight asked sounding quite defensive.

"Nothing." Emilie smiled. "It's just... Amazing how two people could fill each other lives and need each other at a short amount of time. It's almost like you're meant to be. Like your tied together by fate. It's just.... Amazing."

All Midnight did was sigh.

"I wish."

-     -      -      -     -     -     -