C H A P T E R 21

[February 15,2017 1:05

"UNDERSTAND YOUR OWN heart
BEFORE YOU handle ANOTHER"

" You'll love him. I swear" Grey hummed to the voice as Midnight kept telling him about her 'supposed to be friend'

And one of them was a guy.
A really close one.

"I've known K since forever. We've did almost everything together! Get ice cream, scrape out knees, cheated on tests, cried over TFIOS-"

"He watched the Fault in our Stars with you?!" Grey couldn't help but exclaimed. If he did, then he was dead.

"Yup." Midnight laughed softly. "Even cried a bit." She chuckled unaware of the slight panic happening inside of Grey.

He couldn't lose her. Not now, not ever, not to anyone and never to someone.

"Grey?" Grey turned as his eyes met her dark obsidian eyes that stared happily back at him.

She loved him.

Whoever this guy was, and will be, Midnight obviously loved him.

Grey couldn't control the furious thump as Midnight led them through the restaurant.

He probably wouldn't want this guy in Midnight's life, but sadly, Midnight loved him and there was nothing he could do.

"Night!"

Grey looked at the all American-boy who smiled at them but his gaze only stayed at Midnight.

Great.

Midnight moved away from Grey and squeezed the boy so tight, Grey felt a pang of jealousy. They looked good together.

Their skins clashing, eyes looking at each other with so much love, their smiles infectious.

He loved her too.

But damnit all if Grey was going to let her slip from his grasp. She was his. Whether she knew it or not, that was final.

"Grey, meet my best friend, Kyle Everylost. Kyle this is Grey."

"Hi."

Grey watched as his dark blue eyes turns from Midnight to look at him distastefully. This wasn't something he was used to.

Considering his dark skin, and even darker eyes, Grey wasn't really attention grabbing, but Midnight liked him just the way he was and that was enough for him.

"Ah, so you're the pedo who stalks, Night, right?"

"Kyle! Honestly, I don't know where he gets these." Midnight chuckled nervously, causing both boys to stare at her. Her laugh was obviously dorky and gorgeous.

"It's because it's true,Night," Kyle whispered softly but his angry gaze looked straight into Grey. "No one wants to know a girl unless they want to get into their pants."

Midnight pushed him, hard.

"Honestly, Kyle?! I wanted you to meet Grey because you two mean a lot in my life. Grey is not some pedo I met while crossing home from school. He's.... He's my friend. And whether you like it or not, he's going to stay that way."

Grey slowly pulled Midnight closer who moved to him. He felt went droplets on his shirt, but he didn't mind. This was Midnight. She could do anything she wanted and Grey would be there.

"Night..."

"Not now Kyle, I-" she chocked and Grey knew it was their cue to leave.

"I wish I could say it was nice meeting you, but the way you made Midnight cries tells me enough."

Walking away from that boy with Midnight in his arms was pure pleasure. And as selfish as it sounded Grey wanted it to stay that way.

Just him and and his Midnight

-- -- -- ----- -- -- --