C H A P T E R 2 8

Are you sure,
You will catch me
If I fall?

[March 1 ,2018     8;30 am]

Grey_💕
Hi Midnight! Sorry for bothering you, but you left your jacket. Do you want to pick it up or should I mail it?

Her eyes glanced at the text once again. She felt the dreading feeling come up.

Midnight missed Grey so much.

She was discovering herself bit by bit, but at the end of a fun filled day, at the end of everything, she felt hollow.

She yearned to stay past 12 and just enjoy Grey's presence. She missed fighting sleep just to create a universe where her and Grey existed.

"no." She mumbled softly, not replying to the text. She wasn't ready to see Grey. She wasn't ready for her to fall back into his arms and just forget who she was.

Nevertheless she stared at the message wondering, if Grey fought himself to not go to her as much as she did.

-

Grey felt like shit.

It's been one hour since he sent that text and Midnight didn't even responded.

'Am I that unimportant? Is it that easy to forget me?' He pondered trying to hide the distaste.

He looked back at the phone and sighed silently. He placed the phone down trying to ignore her leaving presence, trying to ignore their short chemistry.

He feel asleep with thoughts of Midnight drifting further. Not only from his mind, but from himself.

-

[march 03, 2018 8:30 am]

Midnight💕
Hey Grey! Sorry for texting now lang, the days have been pretty busy. Is it okay if you'd mail it instead? I'll pay naman. So don't worry!

Midnight but her lip, contemplating if she should send it. 'Was it too formal?' 'Maybe he's busy' thoughts like these swarmed Midnight's head but she ignored the attack of butterflies and worry and pressed sent.

Each second felt like minutes, and as minutes slowly drifted into an hour Midnight felt extremely dumb. 'He wouldn't text back.' She chastised herself. She deserved this. Of course he who avenge his wasted time and not answer her.

Then her phone dinged.

She jumped. Like a marathon she needed to win, Midnight ran to her phone and answered the caller.

"Grey!" She said too enthusiastically for her liking.

Instead she met a solemn voice. "Midnight."

She forced her heart to stop pumping so ferociously and took a deep breath. She had to show him she's changed. She's not the girl he liked nor will she ever be.