Chapter 41

Euphoric

Euphoric. Ren clenched Ashton's wrist with one hand and placed the other one on the back of his neck. His fangs pierced Ashton's skin with barely any resistance. Blood filled his mouth and he moaned as the sweet taste covered every taste bud. His eyes slid close as he pressed Ashton closer to him, afraid that any second the godly nectar was going to be ripped away from him. Ashton stood rigid for a few seconds, but the more Ren took from him, the more he sagged into Ren's embrace.

The thing no longer scratched on its cage. It curled up inside of him, purring like a house cat being petted. Fireworks were bursting behind his eyelids. He gulped down drink after drink, yet it never felt like it was enough.

He pulled away, licking his lips and running his tongue over his fangs. When he opened his eyes, he looked at the bleeding wound. The small puncture wounds were already almost sealed and for some reason Ren liked that. He liked the sensation of his fangs sliding into of Ashton and how the first gush of blood was the sweetest. He watched as the bite healed and just before it fully disappeared, he licked over it.

Ashton startled at the sudden touch. Ren pulled back further to look at his face.

His eyes were glazed over and his mouth was slightly hanging open.

Ren bit his bottom lip. His gut clenched.

He inched closer. Ashton gazed back at him, but he looked so far away. Ren felt the same. He was flying in the clouds and everything around him was meaningless. The only thing that mattered was Ashton.

Ren just barely brushed his lips against Ashton's. He couldn't go further than that. As much as he wanted to kiss him as hard as he could, he still knew that this was wrong. They weren't supposed to be together like this.

He turned his head away. Before he could even process his thoughts, his mouth was moving back down to where he'd bitten Ashton. He slotted his mouth exactly over where he'd sunk his fangs in. Ashton's breath hitched. He grabbed onto Ren's biceps. Ren held onto him harder, sure that Ashton was going to push him away. He didn't though. They were frozen like that for a long period.

"How much can you take?" Ren idly thought about how much he had to drain from Ashton before he passed out.

"You can bite me again," he said. There was a slight quiver to his voice, but he was good at masking it. But Ren was so much better at reading him than he ever was before.

He could pick out the slightest change in Ashton's heartbeat, in every uptick of his breathing, and he could feel how Ashton's body tightened or loosened based on how he was feeling. This connection—whether it was the bond or not—had brought them closer.

Ren grabbed onto Ashton's hips. His hands were pressed so hard into his sides that he might have left bruises. Ren's gut twisted as he imagined Ashton's light skin covered in dark purple spots in the shape of his hands. The thing riled up, ecstatic at the imagery. There was an almost like whisper in the back of his mind tempting him to do it and see if his imagination was even close enough. Because he knew that the real thing would be so much better.