Chapter One

-(y/n)'s P.O.V-

"(y/n), it's time to get up." I heard my mother say to me.

I groaned, as I pulled the covers over my head.

"Five more minutes..." I pleaded, from underneath the covers.

"I'm sorry (y/n), but school's starting tomorrow, and you need to get in the habit of getting up early." I heard my mother say.

"But mom-"

My mom cut me off, by yanking the blanket off of me.

"Get up now!" My mother sternly said.

I'm mumbled a 'fine' before sitting up, and stepping off of my nice warm bed.

"Sweetie, after you're dressed and ready for the day, would you mind going to the market for me? I need a few ingredients for this week." My mother sweetly asked.

"Sure." I said, knowing better than trying to argue with my mother.

"Thanks. Here's the list." My mother said, before handing me a piece of paper.

Dang! How many things are on this list!?

"Make sure to be quick about it, (y/n). Some of these things I need for tonight's dinner." My mother said.

"Okay..." I mumbled.

Today is going to be a long day...

***

"Thanks for breakfast." I said, as I cleared my dishes.

"You're quite welcome, (y/n). Now that you're full of energy, it's time to go get those groceries." My mother said.

... I was kind've hoping that she'd forget...

"Alright. Be back soon." I said, before putting on my (shoes), and grabbing my purse, and leaving the house.

I currently live in Alola; one of the best places to live. Almost everyone is very nice and welcoming.

Almost.

Team Skull is a group of troublesome teenagers that cause problems for others, and steal a wide variety of things.

Personally, I'm not very fond of these people. Not just because of their mistreatment towards others; but also because of their mistreatment towards me. I'm not what you'd call popular. In fact, I'm an outcast. Every day of school last year, I was bullied in some way by Team Skull... All because I'm weak. I've never been very strong, fast, flexible, or anything like that. Despite this, I have a very caring and strong heart. At least... That's what everyone tells me. But does this prevent you from being bullied?

NOPE!

Tomorrow's the start of a new school year, and I wonder how bad the bullying will be this year.

True, there is a slight chance that things will be different this year, but I doubt it.

***

As I was walking around, struggling to hold all of my groceries, I ran into someone.

"Excuse me, I'm so sorry!" I apologized.

To my surprise, the person I had run into didn't say anything rude. Yet, they didn't say anything nice either. They said nothing.

I looked up, to see that I had run into a guy that looked about my age. He had blonde hair, piercing green eyes, and his choice of clothing totally screamed 'Emo!'

After realizing that I was staring, I apologized once more, before hurrying away.

Just who is that kid?

Welcome to my newest Gladion X Reader story! This isn't my first Gladion X Reader story, so, if you're interested in reading my other ones, you can find them on my profile. Anyway, now that I got that out of the way... How are you liking the story so far? Sorry for those who wanted a strong fighter type of character, but I can't please everyone. If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know. Later, my fellow readers! =^-^=