Chapter Thirty-Two

-(y/n)'s P.O.V-

I awoke to my alarm going off.

Normally, I would frown at the thought of going to school.

But today's different. I'm not sure how so, but it just is.

I then sat up, and began to get ready for the day.

Once I was ready, I headed to the kitchen, to see that there was a note on the fridge.

Work called in saying that they need me sooner than usual. Help yourself to anything you want... Except the strawberries. Love you- Mom.

I see. Well, how about biscuits and gravy?

I then started to get to work, and soon enough, the work paid off. In front of me was a delicious plate of biscuits and gravy.

That's when I realized that Gladion wasn't up yet.

... Just where is she?

I decided to investigate, and check his room.

When I opened the door to his room, I found him fast asleep with his alarm going off.

I smiled to myself, before turning off the alarm.

... He's going to be late for school if he sleeps in any longer.

... But...

-Gladion's P.O.V-

I was sleeping peacefully, when I felt someone shake me.

I opened my eyes, to see that (y/n) was the one who was shaking me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"We need to leave for school in 30 minutes." (y/n) explained.

"... WHAT!?" I exclaimed, as I bolted up.

"But, you don't need to worry about breakfast. I got you covered." (y/n) said, before pointing to the tray of biscuits and gravy prepared for me.

"Thanks." I said, before getting out of bed.

(y/n) then left.

After she left, I began to get ready, while taking bites in-between different things.

Once I was completely ready, I grabbed my backpack, and exited my room.

In the main living area, (y/n) was waiting for me.

"You ready?" (y/n) inquired.

I nodded.

"Then let's go." (y/n) said, before opening the front door.

Like yesterday, I helped carry (y/n)'s things, as well as help her down the front steps of the house, and then headed to school.

"See you at gym? On time?" I questioned.

"Yep. See you!" (y/n) said, before rushing away... To the best of her ability.

I then headed to my own locker. When I arrived, a note was waiting for me. Curious, I opened the note, and read it.

This Friday we'll be meeting at our normal base at 7:30pm. Don't be late! -Plumeria.

Right... I still need to enough money to travel to Kanto... Which is no cheap feat.

I then quickly hid the note, and stuffed the note in my backpack, before grabbing what I needed, and heading to gym.

When I arrived, I changed into my gym clothes, and headed into the gym.

There, I found (y/n) sitting on the bleachers with a book in her hand.

I walked up to her.

"You aren't walking?" I questioned.

"... I can't really do that with crutches. Mom finally got the doctor's note, so I don't have to do gym for another two weeks. Can't say that I'm upset about this." (y/n) said.

"Guess that makes sense. Well, I must be going. See you at lunch?" I questioned.

"Of course. But now, you need to go walk." (y/n) said.

"Like you're the boss of me." I sarcastically said.

"You want to bet?" (y/n) sad, in a warning tone.

Knowing better than to mess with a woman's warning tone, I said nothing, before walking away. I could hear (y/n) giggling in the background.

... It's just like with Lillie, back when I was still with her...

Don't worry Lillie, I will save you!

... Ijust hope I won't be too late...