Chapter Forty-Six

-Gladion's P.O.V-

I can finally face (y/n), now that I've left Team Skull for good now.

As I approached (y/n)'s home, I noticed an unfamiliar car sitting in the driveway.

Who could be visiting?

As I entered, I saw a man I faintly recognized him as the man who gave me poke-puffs a while ago. What's he doing here?!

"Gladion, why're you so late?" Mrs. (y/l/n) asked.

"Uh... I had to take care of some business... That was necessary..." I explained.

"I see. Well, I'm afraid (y/n)'s gone missing." Mrs. (y/l/n) explained.

... WHAT!?

"I know that it's all your fault! You told her to run away!" The man shouted at Mrs. (y/l/n).

"Of course; anything to get her away from you, you monster!" Mrs. (y/l/n) shouted right back.

Could he be...

... (y/n)'s dad?!

Well, if (y/n)'s gone, I have to go find her!

I quickly ran out of the house, despite (y/n)'s dad's calls.

I won't let (y/n) down this time!

No way!

-(y/n)'s P.O.V-

I have been gone in the secret cave of MeleMele Meadow, crying me eyes out.

I just can't take it... First Gladion... Then, my dad... I just-

"(y/n)!" I heard an all-too-familiar voice shout.

No... Not him...

I turned my head, to face Gladion.

"I finally found you." Gladion said with relief.

"Just leave." I said.

"no. Listen, this might sound weird, but I really, really like you. Like... I love you, and I've proven it." Gladion said.

"How?" I asked, not wanting to believe it.

"I quit Team Skull. For good." Gladion said.

... Does this mean he's being honest... That he truly does love me...?

"I... I love you too!" I said, crying tears of joy.

Gladion gave me one of his rare smiles, before helping me up, and pulling me closer to him.

Are we going to... Kiss?

Right before we could connect, I felt a surge of pain seep through my left leg.

"Ah!" I said out in pain, before looking down, to see a snake.

I quickly started to see spots, and, before long, I was on the ground.

I don't want to die... Please, Gladion, help me...

-Gladion's P.O.V-

I didn't have time to worry about (y/n), I needed to get her to a hospital, and fast!

Quickly, I picked (y/n) up, and raced to the nearest hospital.

"Please, help my friend! She's been bitten by a poisonous snake!" I begged.

"Don't worry, she'll be better in no time." The doctors assured me, before asking me to leave.

I headed back 'home' praying that (y/n) would be okay.

She just has to be okay...