Chapter Thirty-Nine

-Gladion's P.O.V-

After dinner ended, we were all taken to our rooms where we'd be staying the night. Of course, girls and boys were separated into different rooms.

Luckily for me, we had an odd count of boys, so I had a room to myself.

.. Wonder how (y/n)'s doing...

Bleh! Why do I even care? She obviously enjoys being around Hau. Who am I to tell her who she hangs out with?

.. But still...

As I was ranting with myself, I felt my phone buzz. Curious, I looked at it, to see that I had received a text from (y/n).

Do you have a minute to chat? If so, meet me at the entrance to Paniola Ranch in the next 30 minutes. The teachers are allowing it for the next hour or so.

... Should I go?

... Might as well. You never know what she might have to say.

-(y/n)'s P.O.V-

After sending the text to Gladion, I put my phone in my pocket, and looked up at the starry night sky.

... Will Gladion even come...?

I can see why not, since I've treated him so horribly recently...

... But still...

30 minutes passed, and Gladion never showed up.

... Sigh... Looks like he isn't coming after all...

"Hey."

Startled, I turned around, to see Gladion.

... He actually came...

"So, what would you like to talk about?" Gladion asked me.

"Well... First off, I'd like to apologize. I shouldn't have tossed you aside when Hau showed up. I realize that you're more important than a boy I just met. And secondly... I must ask you a question." I explained.

"It's fine, really. We all make mistakes; it's what makes us stronger. And, what's your question?" Gladion said.

"... Am I a horrible person...?" I asked, starting to tear up.

Gladion seemed shocked by my words.

"No; not at all! Why would you ask such a ridiculous question!?" Gladion asked me.

"Because... It just seems like everyone else seems to think that way..." I said.

"... Hau..." I heard Gladion whisper with much venom.

I couldn't respond, for I was now crying.

Gladion seemed a bit uncomfortable with the situation, making me feel even worse.

But, to my surprise, Gladion sat me down, and sat next to me, and laid my head on his shoulder.

While I cried, Gladion rubbed my back, and reassured me that I was a wonderful person.

To hear this from Gladion... This really means a lot to me...

Eventually, I was able to dry my tears, and talk comprehensible sentences.

"Thank you for staying with me, Gladion." I said.

Gladion only nodded.

"We should probably head back to our dorms now." I said.

"Yeah, I guess so." Gladion said.

We both then stood up.

"Goodnight, Gladion." I said, before walking away to my own dorm.

While doing so, came a thought that stayed present in my mind.

... How'd I meet such an amazing guy...?

-Gladion's P.O.V-

Well, I must say that I'm feeling two completely different emotions... Joy... And pure hatred...

Joy, because (y/n)'s feeling better. And pure hatred, for the guy who made (y/n) cry.

...Hau...