Chapter Thirty-Seven

-Gladion's P.O.V-

Beep... Beep... Beep...

Ugh, why is the alarm going off so early...?

As I looked at my phone, I learned that it was 5:00 am.

... Why is my alarm set for-

Oh, wait...

... The field trip!

I quickly then hopped out of bed, and began to quickly get ready for the field trip.

Once I was ready to go, I checked and double-checked my backpack and suitcase to make sure it had everything that I needed.

After doing so, I exited my room, and headed to the front room, where (y/n) was waiting for me.

"You ready to go?" I questioned.

"Been ready. But, where's my mom?" (y/n) asked.

".. I haven't seen her today. Perhaps she's still asleep...?" I inquired.

"I'll go check." (y/n) said, before heading down the hallway.

A few minutes later, I heard a loud scream.

"I COMPLETELY FORGOT!" I heard Mrs. (y/l/n) shout.

...

...

...

... Wow...

In mere minutes, Mrs. (y/l/n) was packing our things in the car, while (y/n) and I were gulping fresh smoothies down our throats.

Mrs. (y/ln) then rushed us into the car, and off we were towards the school.

"I'm so sorry! I forgot to set my alarm, and because of me you didn't a good breakfast and-"

"Mom, it's fine." (y/n) said.

"Oh... What'd I do to deserve a daughter like you?" Mrs. (y/l/n) questioned.

"I could say the same about you, mom." (y/n) said.

... Lillie... I hope you're doing alright with the witch of a mother...

-(y/n)'s P.O.V-

"Here you are. Have a good trip to Akala. Stay safe!" Mom called out, before driving away.

"We will!" I called out, even though I'm pretty sure she couldn't hear me.

"We should hurry." Gladion said.

I nodded, before walking with Gladion to where everyone else was.

"This bus will take us to the boat, where we will then sail across the water to reach Akala island." The teacher explained.

We all then boarded the now noisy and full buss. Seriously, there was like 3-4 people for two-people benches.

Somewhere along the way, Gladion and I became separated, and I ended up sitting next to a boy with green hair and a Team Skull female grunt.

"Hey. The name's Hau! What's your name?" Hau said.

"Yo, you don't know her, yo? This girls' the worst of the worst; an attention hog, yo!" The Team Skull grunt said.

I looked down at the ground, avoiding Hau's gaze.

"Sure doesn't look like one to me. So, what's your name?" Hau asked.

"... (y/n)..." I whispered.

"What a nice name! My name's Hau! Oh, wait, I already said that." Hau said with a laugh.

"Thanks." I said with a smile.

"Here, want a malasada? They're my absolute favorite!" Hau offered.

"Sure, thanks." I said, before taking the malasada.

... Maybe this bus ride won't be so bad after all...