Chapter 20

Rachel walks down the corridor, freshly showered. She had just gotten back from a two day hunt, and was eager to see Negan.

"Hey, Simon," she smiles, meeting him in the corridor.

"Hey, Rach," he smiles, holding Negan's jacket in the crook of his arm.

"They finally got that clean then?" Rachel laughs.

"Yeah, took them long enough," he says.

"To be fair, it was saturated with walker crap. I thought they'd have to throw it away," she points out. "Gimme, i'll take it to him. He'll be over the moon."

"I'll take it to him. He's in a meeting, doesn't want to be disturbed," Simon says, a nervous look on his face.

"Meeting? What kind of meeting?" She asks, confused.

Simon stares at her. His eyes telling her what his mouth doesn't want to.

"Oh," she says, looking at the ground. Her stomach rolls, and her mouth goes dry.

Simon looks at her sympathetically. "Rachel-" he starts.

"Don't," she says.

"I'll go let him know you're here. He'll be pleased to see you, he's missed you," he says.

"Yeah, looks like it," she spits, still looking at the ground. "I gotta go," Rachel says, turning to leave.

"Hey, wait. Go where? You just got back," Simon frowns.

"Wayne said they got a load of meds at the outpost, need someone to go pick them up," Rachel says.

"Can't someone else do that?" Simon asks.

"Simon. To be honest, i could do with some air," she frowns, walking away.

~

Rachel sits on the motorbike, tears running down her face. Fuck sake! Don't do this to yourself! She wipes at her tears with the back of her hand, and starts the bike, heading for the gates.

"Rachel!" She hears, just as the gates open. Negan runs towards her. "Where are you going?"

"Picking up some meds," she says, barely looking at him.

"You just got back. You were just gonna leave without fucking seeing me?" He frowns.

She stares at him, her face red. "I didn't think you'd mind, what with you being busy."

Negan tilts his head. "Rachel."

"What? It's none of my business what you get up to. You're not mine," she says.

"Rachel, don't be like that," Negan says.

"Like what?" She snaps.

Negan looks towards his men at the gate. "Give us a fucking minute," he orders.

His men leave, heading inside.

"I've barely touched my wive's since we got toget-" Negan starts.

"I don't, want to know, okay. It's none of my business what you do with your wive's. I'm just a mistress after all," Rachel frowns.

"Come on Rachel, you know you're more than that to me," Negan reasons.

"Do i? Negan, i can't do this anymore, okay. I'm done," she says.

"What do you mean you're done?" Negan frowns, his tone becoming serious.

"With us," she answers.

"Hey, you knew how it was, well before we started fucking!" He shouts.

"Yeah well, it was fun to begin with, but i'm bored of you now," she sneers, feeling sick as she says it.