Chapter 25

"Fuck, fucking, fuckers!"

Rachel stops browsing the books in Negan's room, and heads to the parlour.

"What's wrong?" She asks, making her way over to him.

Negan rubs at his temples with one hand, holding a radio in his other. "We just lost more men, damn it!" He yells, his eyes ablaze with anger.

Rachel places her hands on his shoulders. "Come on, let's get you a drink," she says, leading him to the bedroom.

Negan drops down on the sofa, as Rachel grabs two glasses and a bottle of whiskey from the cabinet. She sits beside him, and offers him a glass.

"Thanks," he says, taking the glass from her. He swirls the glass in his hand, before taking a long drink of it.

"What happened?" Rachel asks, taking a sip from her glass.

"You know Dwight radioed this morning, right?" Negan asks, his eyes not leaving his glass.

"Yeah, he saw some of them leaving Alexandria, said it was the perfect opportunity to..," Rachel struggles to finish the rest.

Negan turns to her and smiles thoughtfully. He runs his hand through her hair, then continues looking at his glass. "To do what needed to be done. Take one of them out, and start from there. Apparently though, Dwight got a woman with his arrows, right through the fucking eye, can you believe that?"

"A woman?" Rachel's face drops.

"He swears he wasn't aiming for her, and i can believe it, he still hasn't gotten the hang of using that damn crossbow. He won't get to either, they took it from him. Dwight had one of their men hostage, and this guy, takes a fucking chunk out of Dwight's dick!" Negan smiles a little.

"Seriously?" Rachel asks, eyes wide.

"Well, i'm not sure that he took a chunk out of it. But he fucking clamped down on it pretty fucking hard, apparently. And then, that fucking ginger turned up! Fuck!" Negan clenches his fist, and takes another sip of whiskey. "There was a gunfight, and our men had to retreat. Not before we fucking lost some though."

"What are you going to do?" Rachel asks.

"We tried the easy way. Now, they're gonna have to learn the hard way. Next time they go out, they're screwed. I'm setting up men as we speak, on every damn road out of there. I'm gonna lead them, right where i want them. And then.. well, you know the rest," Negan says.

"You think they'll leave? After an attack?" Rachel frowns.

"I most certainly fucking do. Those motherfuckers are way too big for their boots. They think they own this fucking world. I'm gonna teach them otherwise," he smiles.

"Dwight said there are children there," Rachel says.

"Come on, Rachel. I'm not gonna hurt any kids, what the fuck do you take me for?"

"I didn't mean it like that, you know i didn't. I know they deserve to lose people, especially after everything they've done to us. Doesn't mean i have to like it though," she points out.

"I know, baby," Negan sits forward, resting his hand on her knee. "But, it has to be done. You know that. We're gonna wait. Hopefully, we'll be able to capture a good sized group of them. I want to draw their leader out. Dwight's seen him, and he'll radio through the moment he sees that fucker leave. That's when we make our move."

Rachel sips her whiskey. "What's his name? Their leader?"

"I don't know. Probably a good idea to find out before shit goes down, don't wanna look fucking stupid when i turn up there," Negan chuckles.