Chapter 18

Kenzie awoke the next morning feeling like a new woman. That pleasurable achy feeling she had due to a night filled with passion only made her recount the night before. What her husband did hurt at first, but only for a little while. Soon she was able to indulge in the pleasure he was giving to her. Though she was young she never felt anything like it before. And she wanted more.

       She stretched out and reached for her husband only to discover he was not next to her. 

      She heard a noise coming from behind her and quickly turned. With her eyes still out of focus and the suns rays shining through the curtain she saw the image of a man. Quickly she pulled the covers over herself. But his soft amused laugh soothe her. It was Benicio.

      "Come on Dolly, you're still not shy around me, are ya?"

   Benicio walked closer to the bed dressed in white cotton pants, a blue collar shirt and his Columbia sweater, knotted at his neck, hung over his shoulders. It should have been a crime for one man to look that dazzling in the morning, he was the exact poster boy for preppy. His well built arms slightly flexed when he shoved his hands in his pockets. With her bed hair and unwashed face, Kenzie was sure she looked completely grotesque. 

      He stood above her. "You shouldn't be," he continued. "Not after what we did last night."

      "Oh Benicio you sap, you can be very arrogant at times." Kenzie replied.

      He grinned and leaned on the bed before whispering. "There's that bearcat I've been missing."  

      Benicio pressed his mouth against Kenzie's. One touch and she was like puddy in his arms. It was a shame he was doing this to her. She wanted him to explore her body all over again, make her feel the same things again. Instead he ended their kiss and pulled away.

     "We have a long day ahead of us, Cara."

      There was that word again. He hadn't called her that since the beginning of their engagement. Before, Benicio used it in a flirtatious manner, but this, this was something different. Like he knew in his heart that regardless of the circumstances he was glad to have her as his life partner and that she was the only person that mattered the most to him.  

     Why, why couldn't he be like this all the time? 

     His intense blue eyed stare showed his appreciation as she felt accepted by him.

     "I want to take you to the Playpen." He said gazing at her.

     "A playpen," Kenzie teased, in spite of her horrifying appearance. "Doesn't sound like a romantic date to me."

     Benicio chuckled, it was an adorable sound. Kenzie liked seeing him so calm and relaxed. "Not a playpen Dolly, The Playpen. It's the biggest shindig in Jersey." 

      "Is that what crime bosses do, take their wives to nightclubs?" She dramatically touched her forehead in fake despair and they shared a soft laugh. 

       "Ti amo," he whispered as he gently brushed the back of his hand against her face.

       She cringed and giggled, not understanding what the phrase meant. "In English please."

       Benicio gave her a smile. "I need to teach you Italian, Dolly. I said, I love you." he repeated in the way a New York born Italian would. As if his four years at Columbia had no effect on him.

       Kenzie was totally astound. Why they've been married for a week and only known each other for three months how could he possibly feel this way for her? So many questions raced in her mind like a Colt in the Kentucky Derby. What was she suppose to do and what was she suppose to say.