Chapter 22

"Look at him," Benicio mumbled grimly as he stared directly into the greenhouse. Kenzie was inside trimming flowers while that -good for nothing Theo - gradually held a bucket for her to put them in.  "He's all over her."

        Just watching him look at his wife irked him like no other. It has been over a week that he apologized for the incident with Jackson and she would not accept. It was pure torture. After Giada and Antonio left for Italy Kenzie moved into her room. It was beginning to become something of a habit for her to avoid him. Dinnertime she'd keep her eyes fixated on her plate and ate in silence, it was the same during breakfast.

        Joey walked over to the window. "Bennie  you're overreacting, he's just holding a flowerpot for her."

        "Yeah but why does a man need to wear a suit to hold a stupid pot?" he justified.

        Joey shook his head. "What are you wearing?" he asked pointing at his blue pin stripe suit. He sighed. "Besides, if you think he looks at her the wrong way then - by all means - put a bullet in his brain."

        "That's not a bad idea." Benicio went to his desk and pulled a pistol from a drawer. 

        Joey chuckled at his bestfriend's stupidity. "That don't mean kill 'em"

        Benicio sat the pistol down reluctantly. Blowing out a huge sigh, he flopped in his chair and dragged his hands down his face. "I'm losing my wife already."

        "Kenzie is not going anywhere." Joey confirmed.

        "How can you be so sure?"

        Joey shrugged. "Well because..." his voice trailed voice then he narrowed his eyes at Benicio. "Are you jealous of this cat?"

        Benicio furrowed his brows. "No!" he exclaimed. "LA belongs to me, I have more money than God and I'm married to the most amazing woman ever. Why would I be jealous of him?"

        "Because, at this moment, he's closer to her than you." Joey replied peering out of the window. Kenzie just finished up with her plants in the front and moved to the rear while Theo followed. Even Joey had to admit that he hadn't seen Kenzie so happy since the day she stepped off the train returning from her honeymoon. 

Benicio sighed deeply. "Next subject, I'm done talking about this." He stood up and walked to a cupboard and pull out two glasses. He filled both of them with gin and drank the first glass in one gulp. He was on to the second, when Joey took it away from him. 

        "Drinking ain't gonna solve nothing Bennie. What good are ya' if you're half-seas over?" he said sitting the glass down. "We need to figure out what we're gonna do about Devaney." 

        Benicio nodded his head. "You're right." When they turned around Kenzie burst in laughing with Theo right behind her. Instantly Benicio face hardened and Joey's words of peace were toss out of the window. "What is he doing in here?" he asked almost bitterly.

        Kenzie giggled and glanced at Theo. "Well," she began. "Theo just told me that Buckman Boutique in Beverly Hills is having a sale on dresses, fifty percent off." she added with a squeal. "I need you to call the driver."

        Benicio's initial thought was to turn her down and drag Theo out of their house by his neck, but that would only make her pull away from him more. 

        "Besides," Kenzie continued. "I want to wear a new dress when we go out with daddy tonight."

        "Dolly you have enough dresses in that closet to last two lifetimes for all of us."