ARC II: Nothing to Lose

ARC II : IKEBUKURO

--

2 Days Later

--

"Everyone here?" Riko called out. "Hyuga, do a roll call!"

"Tch. Okay okay." Hyuga grumbled. "Riko, here. Me, here. Kiyoshi?"

"Mornin'."

"Izuki, Kagami?"

"We're both here."

"Kuroko?"

"..." Hyuga waited. "Not here yet... Kise and Kasamatsu?"

"We are ready!"

"Shut up Kise."

"Okay. Imayoshi-san and Aomine?"

"Yea."

"Midorima and Takao?"

"Yep!"

"Murasakibara and Himuro."

"Hello. Murasakibara is coming, he just stopped at the convenience store."

"Akashi-kun?"

"Yes."

"Did you bring anyone?"

"Mayuzumi."

"Is he here?"

"Stopped at some shop. He's on his way."

"So now we're just waiting for Kuroko, Mayuzumi and Mura-"

"I'm here."

"So the phantoms then."

"Yep." Kise called out."

"Let's get in the bus for now we can wait for them inside. It's air conditioned." Riko suggested.

"Air Conditioned!" Aomine stood and got in. Kagami behind him. Everyone else piled in. Waiting.

--

"Mayuzumi-san?" Mayuzumi heard a familiar voice behind him as he paid for a pack a cigarettes

"Yes?" He replied turning around, only to see the one only Kuroko Tetsuya. But what in God's name was he doing in such a dirty old shop anyways.

"Oh. Nothing. I was just wondering if you were coming on the trip to Ikebukuro? Did Akashi invite you along?"

"Yes..." Mayuzumi finally said, the silence dragged out as the shopkeeper went to the back of the store, looking for the product of Mayuzumi's request. Finally the older phantom's curiosity got the best of him. "What are you doing here?" Kuroko looked up.

"Cigs." He replied solemnly.

"Oh. You don't seem the type."

"I know and you?" Kuroko asked back.

"Drugs."

"Oh." The shopkeeper came back and handed Mayuzumi his purchase. He walked out. Kuroko bought his cigs and then also exited the shop only to find Mayuzumi waiting for him outside. Kuroko was surprised, they were hardly friends much less on a friendly basis. However the white haired phantom simply continued to walk ignoring Kuroko.

"Let's go." Kuroko followed. After a few minutes of walking behind the elder he looked back at the teal head. "Walk beside me." Kuroko obliged.

"Why the drugs?" Kuroko asked, trying to make some conversation.

"Why the cigs?"

"Same time." Kuroko said. If they were to admit then they would at the same time.