The King's Queen

Kuroko was unnerved, he really didn't know what to do. A drink? A smoke? Smoke. He didn't have any alcohol anyways.After disabling the smoke alarms he pulled out a cigarette and he took a drag after lighting it. It was relaxing. Contentful.

By the time he got a knock on his door he felt relaxed, completely at ease but a bit guilty at snapping at his friends from earlier, they didn't deserve that. They were only worried. Hearing the knock he lifted his head noticing the now smoke filled room.

"Who's it?" Kuroko mumbled out unintelligently.

"It's Kagami."

Throwing his head back into the mattress, he replied something that vaguely resembled a 'come in'. Hearing the door open he mumbled something similar to a hello.

"Kuroko?"

"What are you-" Kagami started coughing. "Kuroko. It's smoking in here!"

"I'm aware." The teal head replied.

"Come outside. Please." Kagami sighed.

"Tired."

"I'm dragging you out." Following what he said, Kagami lifted the teal head up into his arms and carried him out of his room.

"Kagami-kun."

"What."

"Sorry."

"It's okay."

--

"I'm sorry." Kuroko said to his friends.

"Don't be Tetsu." Aomine sighed. "It's not your fault."

"We just worry about you Kurokochi." Kise scrunched his brows up.

"How about I take you all to lunch? To make up for it." Kuroko smiled at his fellow basketball players.

"Yes." Aomine and Kagami cried.

"You can't change your mind anymore."

"Your going to be broke after this Kuroko-kun." Riko laughed, watching the iys start to scramble away.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." They all looked at one another, then they all scrambled off to get ready.

--

Akashi waited till everyone left. Then the teal head turned towards his ex-captain. "Tetsuya", Akashi began, bringing blue eyes towards his own gaze. "You know nothing is your fault. There is nothing for you to make up for." Akashi gave the him a depreciative look.

"Akashi-kun. Just look at me." Kuroko sighed. "I'm a mess."

"I've always been looking Tetsuya." Akashi said.

"Then, you know how much of a mess I am. I don't want to burden you all, this is the least I can do. I know it isn't even anything. I know I'm dragging you all down with how I am, but I just can't go back to who I was yet." Akashi looked back at the smaller teen. Tetsuya, Akashi wasn't sure how this had happened, how it all got so out of control so fast. He wasn't lying when he said he was always looking, it just seemed that rather he wasn't watching closely enough.

"Tetsuya."

"Akashi-kun. I can't. I've lost so much. My mother is dead. My father is dead. I'm a gambler, I'm a smoker, I'm an alcoholic, and I'm on my way on becoming a drug addict too." Emotion now visible in those blue doe eyes, "LOOK AT ME AKASHI-KUN!!" Kuroko yelled, raising his voice tears beginning to form.

"I'm looking", replied Akashi solemnly. Looking at him, hiding the shame he felt behind his own carefully blank face. He didn't see it soon enough.