Tutorial

Welcome to Apocalypse of the Damned.

Everyone watched as a large chest appeared in in front of the old lit couldrant.

The world has gone erupted with zombie parasiteic breakouts, affecting millions of people. Your task is to save humanity.

"I-I'm scared..." Brooke muttered. Jake hugged her for comfort. Christine, again, wrapped her arms around Jeremy's arm. Jeremy attempted to stop himself from messing it up.

Let's get started.

The wooden chest abrupted open, and weapons were inside. Jeremy gulped.
"There's a limit of five players..." He felt like wincing.
"So?" Rich asked, unaware what it meant.
Michael took notice. "That means one of us can't get a weapon...." He muttered.
"It's alright, I can use my fists." Jake smirked, clenching his hands into a fist.

Player 1, choose your weapon.

Jeremy immediately saw blue swirls of color decorate his body. He walked up to the chest and crouched down, choosing his weapon. He chose his most useful weapon he could ever play in the game- a sword.
The blue swirls rapidly circled the sword and transformed it into a large lapis sword. Jeremy stared at it in awe. The colors stopped circling him.

Player 2, choose your weapon.

Michael laughed as the red swirls illuminated his body as well. He made his way to the chest and pulled out his favorite weapon- an axe. As Michael picked it up with his bare hands, the axe transformed into a red silvery axe.
"Sweet! I can chop down the zombies!" Michael grinned, moving next to Jeremy, the colors disappearing like his buddy's.

Player 3, choose your weapon.

Rich strolled confidently towards the chest,  pink swirls of colors surrounding him. Rich digged into the chest and pulled out a baseball bat. The swirls engraved the words Try Me in pink.
"A... A baseball bat?" Christine asked.
"Only Rich would choose the lamest things." Jake muttered.
"What? I can use it better than any of you can! Did any of you beat your cousin with a bat?" Rich snapped back.

Player 4, choose your weapon.

Jake walked towards the boys, since he volunteered to not get a weapon. Orange swirls circled around him and disappeared.

Player 5, choose your weapon.

Brooke nervously took yellow slow steps towards the chest. She pulled out a pair of nunchucks and gave them a try. They transformed into yellow-metalical nunchucks. She parambulated to the side.

Player 6, choose your weapon.

Christine walked to the chest, green swirls following her. She ended up getting the only thing left- a belt containing multiple shurikens. As Christine wrapped the belt around her, the belt turned into a leather dark green color. She walked to the rest of the group, the last swirls flashing away.

Time to test your weapons.

*** *** *** ***

The chest sinked back to the stone ground. The ground formed 5 circles, 5 test dummies popping out of the ground.

You have some time to test your weapons.

"Let's all say something when we break the dummy, just so we can have our own catchphrase!" Rich yellled.
"Yeah, sounds fun!" Michael agreed.
Jeremy went to one of the dummies and swung his sword. It cut in half, the head falling to the floor in a soft thump.
"I'm dead inside." He muttered.

Michael ran to the next one, his axe in the air, ready to swing it.
"THIS IS GNARLY!" He screamed, slashing at the dummy. Half of it fell with a soft thud.

"FEEL MY WRATH, MOTHER-"
Before Rich could finish his sentence, a beep was heard.
BEEP
"I said, MOTH-"
BEEP
"Do I use a different word? Bit-"
BEEP
"Why won't it let me curse?" Rich asked, annoyed.
"This game is rated R for violence, but I guess you can't curse. For some reason." Michael said.
"Fine, I'll just invent a word. FEEL MY WRATH YOU CHOCOLATE VANILLA SWIRL!" Rich yelled, beating up the dummy. Nothing happened, but Rich imagined he was damaging it.
"Chocolate vanilla swirl?" Brooke asked.
"I will replace every bad word with a new one." Rich stated.

"Jakey time." Jake cracked his knuckles and went up to Rich's dummy, punching and kicking it. Again, it did no damage, but everyone stared in awe.
"Wow, that's awesome!" Michael exclaimed.
"Yeah, so cool!" Christine hollered. Jeremy frowned a bit.
"Thanks." Jake said, shrugging.

Brooke ran to another dummy and began hitting it with her nunchucks.
"CACHOW!" It did no damage, but you can see some dents.
"..Well, I tried.." Brooke said, noticably scared.

Before anyone said anything else, three shurikens stabbed into a dummy. Everyone stared at Christine.
"Wow, I actually did it! I guess acting like a huntress pays off!" She said happily.

Did you learn to control your weapons? Well, time to start.

Jeremy saw everyone evaporate, their own colored pixels swarm around them. Jeremy looked at himself and saw blue pixels surround him, too. His feet could feel the floor disappear. Jeremy then saw the whole room as a blue room, his eyes getting covered by his blue pixels.

This was the beginning of the game.

Jeremy then felt ground again, and his pixels disappeared. He looked around, but he couldn't find anyone else. He was somewhere in the middle of a large wheat field, the only forming out other than the weat was another field of corn and a big red barn in the distance behind the corn.
"Level One..." Jeremy said under his breath.

Level 1: Head on the Cob