Level 6: Progress Saved

Rich and Christine fiddled with their fingers, doing things about. Rich couldn't really move, however, since Jake's head was on his lap.

"Hey Christine?"

Christine took her attention towards the boy beside her.

"Yeah Rich?"

"Do you think, I don't know, tha what Brooke will be there when we ge back to real life?"

Christine looked at Rich, who looked down as if he was in shame.

"I hope so." Christine said, feeling herself tear up.

"Me too." Rich said, forcing himself not to cry.

Christine leaned towards the small boy and rubbed his back.

"It's okay, it's okay." Christine repeated.

Rich sniffed, and apologized.

"When are we gonna leave?" The girl asked, looking down as her shuriken belt.

"I have no idea, but I hope soon. I miss the feeling of being able to go somewhere without having to worry about being killed. It's kill or he killed out here." Rich muttered.

Christine nodded in agreement. She didn't wanna be stuck in this hell-hole, in this satanic trap. She wanted to be free, do her usual play rehearsals, dance and sing and hang out with her usual squad.

"How many more levels?" She asked again.

"I think Mikey said there were 9, so we have like 3 more." Rich smiled a bit, knowing hey were getting closer and closer to their goal.

They both let that sink in, knowing they were getting closer to home. And that's what made them feel proud.

Sorry this is short love y'all!💜