Malfunction

Everyone looked at eachother, not a sound being made. The door stayed closed, zombies barely being heard from the other side.

"We did it!" Jeremy exclaimed.

They all ran to eachother and hugged and cheered, jumping around tears swelling in their eyes.

"We can finally go back home!" Michael said.

"We can finally get out of this hellhole!" Rich proclaimed.

They stopped jumping and celebrating since they needed to catch their breaths. Rich kissed Jake excitedly, and Christine pulled Michael and Jeremy into a big hug. Once they relieved themselves they were ready to finish the game.

"Where to now?" Christine asked.

"Follow me." Jeremy began.

Everyone else followed Jeremy as they went to past the school. They shuddered at the blood and dirt scattered on the walls, and the dead bodies and limbs dropped messily on the ground. They walked to the front of the school and saw the flagpole waving, seeming to wave at the group. At the bottom of the flagpole was a body leaned at, looking at the scenery before them. There was a helicopter in front of the school as well, and the person's back faced the group.

"What's this about?" Jake asked.

"We give him the mountain dew and he takes us away., and that's the end of the game." Michael gasped.

The group gulped in sync as they walked towards the person.

"Excuse me sir, we got something for you!" Rich said excitedly, snatching the Mountain Dew Red from Michael's hands and motioning it over to the person. The person didn't turn around, just chuckled.

"Umm... sir?" Rich asked, poking the person's back.

The person chuckled louder, and then it menacingly. He turned around, only it wasn't a person- it was a blue-pixel thing.

"YOU?!" Jeremy shrieked.

The SQUIP snapped his fingers and the scenery around them broke into pixels and started fading away, vanishing from top to bottom. The group tried to run away, but there was nowhere to run.  They soon disintegrated into their rainbow of colors- blue, red, orange, pink, and green. Some spots of yellow were mixed as well, but not visible to the group

Christine, Jake, Michael, Rich, and Jeremy fell from the top of a room and landed on the ground. The room was navy blue, that solid color. The SQUIP appeared in the middle of the room, watching as they fell.

Welcome!

Rich angrily screamed and ran towards the SQUIP, his fists waving as he tried to punch him, but fell, the Mountain Dew Red falling. It didn't spill. Rich picked it up.

I'm made of pixels, I'm a super quantum unit intel processor, you can't just 'hit me'.

Rich groaned and ran back to the group and gave the bottle to Michael, who took it upon himself. They snapped for their weapons, but nothing came.

Your weapons aren't you. This is based on you and you only.

Everyone ran to the SQUIP and attemped several things in hitting him. They always went right through him. That was, until Michael hit him with the Mountain Dew bottle that he had in his hand, and it made impact on the SQUIP.

"Guys, the bottle!" Michael called.

Everyone else gasped and the SQUIP growled.

NO!

Micheal ran to the back of the room and the SQUIP tried to follow him. Everyone scattered around and got ready to catch. Michael threw the bottle to Christine as she had it she she ran to the complete other side of the room, keeping the bottle secure in her hands. The SQUIP snapped and another SQUIP came up behind her- and looked exactly like her. It pulled her hair vigorously as she yelped and threw the bottle.

Rich ran by her and caught it as it was about to hit the floor. He stopped running as a replica SQUIP of him popped from nowhere, clawing at him. Rich rolled the bottle to Jake, who snatched it from the ground and made a run for it as best as he could.

A SQUIP twin of Jake pounced at him, and Jake fought as best as he could. As he did, the SQUIP bit Jake on his other arm. Jake threw the bottle fell onto his knees as he turned pale white, and fell on the floor unconscious.

"JAKEY!" Rich screamed, tears welling in his eyes as he tried to fight his way to Jake.

Jeremy got the liquid and ran away to the other side of the room. His SQUIP kept chasing him and trying to get the bottle himself. Jeremy was smart for being a scrawny boy however- he dodged and slid, running along.

Soon enough, he had nowhere to escape and threw the bottle to Michael. Michael fumbled as he caught it but made a run for it. Jeremy ran with Michael as they kept the the weapon from SQUIP.

And then the SQUIP cornered Michael and held his hand around his throat, lifting him up against the wall. Michael dropped the bottle to remove the SQUIP's hands. Jeremy watched helplessly- and turned around to see Rich, Christine, and Jake being dragged by their SQUIPS.

"Jer-emy... the bottle.." Michael croaked, pointing to the bottle on the floor.

The SQUIP immediately stepped on the Mountain Dew, keeping it under his foot.

I won't let go. He said. No until you tell him, you tell him and this could all be over.

"NO!" Jeremy screamed. "You're lying, you're always lying!"

"Jeremy, just say it!" Christine begged as he SQUIP pulled her aback.

Yes, Jeremy, say it. The SQUIP smirked, motioning to Michael, who was slowly losing strength as he tried to get out of the SQUIP's grasp, losing air.

"Michael, I'-"

Louder!

"MICHAEL, SINCE LAST YEAR, I HAVE LIKED YOU. YOU'RE EVERYTHING TO ME, AND I WOULD NEVER WANT TO LOSE YOU. I LOVE YOU, A LOT, MAN. I FEEL BAD FOR ALL THE PAIN THAT I CAUSED YOU WHEN I GOT THIS STUPID SQUIP IN THE FIRST PLACE AND NOW, BUT I LOVE YOU, MICHAEL MELL, I LOVE YOU!"

Jeremy, with tears in his eyes, looked at Michael, who started to cry at those words. He stopped struggling. Jeremy took the time as the SQUIP was distracted and opened the bottle, Mountain Dew Red spilling everywhere on the SQUIP.