Sungwoon

(For sweetpinkdaisies hope you enjoy it!)

His eyes were locked on my figure as I stood on the front step, bags lying by my feet. The rain beginning to fall in small patters one by one. I couldn't meet his gaze for the fear of falling back in.

"W-what's... Eun Byul?" Sungwoon had a voice I could never fail to recognise. It was soft and gentle, the voice that had soothed me from my nightmares and woken me every morning. He was stuttering and it made me want to cry.
"What's this?" He asked quietly.

I chewed on my lip, starring down at my feet with intensity.
"I can't stay here anymore Sungwoon. I'm sorry." It took everything I had not to break down when I saw his face.
"But we worked things out... we can try again right? You promised!" He was almost begging. The rain got harder behind me and the once sunny sky quickly turned overcast and grey.

"No, It can't be fixed anymore. We're behind that now."
"You can't leave me. I need you here." I gulped. "God Eun Byul... I love you." His voice croaked and I could hear his tears now. But I had to stay insistent.

"Sungwoon..." I shook my head, turning my head away from him as I felt droplets running down my cheeks. "goodbye."

I picked up my bags and walked, not trying to avoid the rain as I paced to my car. I didn't let myself look back, that wouldn't broken everything I'd built up. No, I kept straight and wiped away every tear that fell. I got in the drivers seat and started up the engine, pulling away from that house. Thick sobs poured from my throat and I gripped the steering wheel, wanting so badly to turn back...

-

He watched, the lights of her disappearing into the distance. She had gone, the one thing he'd thought would never leave him. Eun Byul was all he had left, but like every time before. He was alone.

The front door seemed heavier as he went back into the cold, dark house. The photos, her keys, all the decor she had put together so perfectly. It was meant to be perfect, that was all he'd wanted for her. For everything to be perfect so she would be happy. But it seemed he forgot about him, why would she stay if he was the mess of a boyfriend he had been.

The photo gripped in his hand, drop upon drop of tears gushing onto the glass. Making their faces distorted and foggy. He cried and fell to the floor, taking the small table down with his. His back pushed up against the door as he held the frame flush against his chest while fear. Fear that he could hurt even more than this.

Fear that his heart would break into even more pieces that it already had.