Expedition Into Hell Part 1: The Chase

Author's Note: I KNOW I KNOW, THIS IS WAY OVERDUE! IM SORRY! Just have alot going on in school and then I got too interested in the RWBY X Titan Shifter Reader book I just finished. But now that it's done, I'm putting much more focus into this book, and this chapter is basically two episodes worth of AOT. 7500 words to make up for not updating this sooner, I hope you enjoy this chapter, now then INTO THE FRAY! ADVANCE!!

Y/N: ADVANCE!

You and the rest of the Survey Corps were riding out of the gates and had to pass through an old village before taking on Erwin's scouting formation. You rode ahead with Levi, your sister was behind you. As you were passing along, you heard loud footsteps on your left, others heard this as well.

Hanji: Ahead to the left! A 10-meter class! I'm very interested in seeing what's inside the stomach....but I'll leave it to the support team!

You watched as two scouts engaged the target to defend the formation, but soon refocused and continued to ride through the village. You heard Sasha let out a small cry of fear, you fell behind and turned her head forward.

Y/N: Stay strong! Leave it to the support team, and keep going!

Squad Leader: Onward! Onward!

While riding throughout the village, you heard Eren talking to Oluo.

Eren: Sir, can they....can my classmates beat the titans?

Oluo: Huh? What have you been doing the past month? Listen brat...the most crucial part of an expedition is in how you avoid fighting titans-

He was cut off by biting down on his tongue.

Y/N Thoughts: It was bound to happen, never talk too much while riding a horse.

You all finally made your way out of the village and into a wide open clearing of the land, Erwin stuck his hand out and ordered to everyone.

Erwin: Go into the long-range scouting formation!

Soon, everyone started to disperse, moving left and right to fill in the formation, you and Levi squad dropped back to the center rear of the formation. It's been a few minutes of riding without problem, but then you heard flares being fired into the sky, you looked right and saw a relay of red flares from the right indicating titans have been spotted. You looked forward and saw a green smoke flare fired to the left, meaning the formation would all shift that direction. In this formation, fighting titans would be unnecessary and keep most of us safe. You've all been riding in the same direction now for quite some time, and it was starting to make you feel uneasy.

Y/N Thoughts: When was the last smoke flare fired? Why hasn't anyone shot? Surely there's still titans around, what's going on?

As if on cue, you saw black smoke rounds being fired into the air, indicating an aberrant is ignoring the nearby humans and continuing into the formation.

Y/N Thoughts: Armin and some of the cadets are there, please be okay.

Armin's POV:

While positioned on the right flank, I saw a black flare shot meaning there was an aberrant in the area, in the tree line I saw Squad Leader Ness, and Sys come out and they were followed by the aberrant. It looked as if it were just speed walking, but fast enough to be at a good speed to keep up with our horses. It's only necessary to fight the aberrant because it ignores the nearby humans and will go into a larger populated spot, in our case the center formation. I looked at Ness and Sys and sw they drew their blades meaning they were going to use their gear, but on flat ground our gear almost never works. They jumped off their horses and sped off towards the titan, Ness cut off the ankle support making it fall, then Sys jumped on top and sliced its nape cleanly.