prologue

Walking into the office, Louis was nervous. This was it. If he got a single question even a little wrong, he would be unmatched. For forever.

He already had to wait 2 weeks after his actual birthday because of the holidays. Being born on Christmas Eve wasn't always the best gift.

He played with his fingers, waiting to be called, his best friends rubbing his shoulders trying to calm him down.

"Lou," Liam began to comfort the boy with words of encouragement but got a sharp look from his dominant, Zayn. He immediately stopped talking.

"It's okay," Louis reassured. "I know what can happen if this doesn't work out. I don't have to be matched, that's okay, Liam-"

"But that won't happen!"

Zayn immediately stood and picked Liam up, ready to punish him right there for talking without permission, for the second time, after being told today he was to be silent for being such a bad boy with his attitude yesterday. He would have pulled him over his knee and gave him a harsh spanking right then if he hadn't heard the tiny whimper of "yellow" from Liam's lips.

He hated public humiliation and with all of these people, all of the dominants wanting submissives to punish too, the Deeming Office wasn't the best place for punishment.

Zayn sighed and sat down again, keeping Liam in his lap, trying to soothe the boys nerves back to green but mentally noting the bad behaviors.

"Listen Lou, you're the most prepared person I know. You've always been ready for a dom, love," Zayn quietly soothed. An opinion from a dominant, and his best friend, Louis finally began to calm down slightly.

It was true, though. Louis had begun to study the relationships between Dom and Sub when he was 10 years old and hadn't stopped. When he learned all that he could about pleasing a dominant, he implemented those things into his daily life. He only slept on one side of the bed to ensure that when his dominant came, he wouldn't cling too much to his side. He always left an extra towel in the bathroom
so his master would never have to worry about not having one. He kept 4 drawers open in the dresser, always made too much food, and even stacked pillows around him when he slept to simulate the way he hoped his dom would cuddle him.

Louis was ready for a dominant. He wanted someone to take care of him the way Zayn took care of Liam.

Zayn and Liam had gotten together before Liam had even turned 18. Their one year anniversary is coming soon, January 13th, and they plan on going to the Caribbean.

A women opens the door and finally calls out "Louis Tomlinson" with a tight lipped smile.

Louis smiles nervously at his friends curled in the chair and goes back to the desks.

The women runs over the material with him quickly, but Louis already knows everything. He knows what he's supposed to do and how he should do it but he lets her talk anyways.

He begins to fill out the paperwork, his name and age already filled in for him at the top:

Gender: male
Sexual Orientation: gay
Height: 5'8
Weight:
This question stops Louis. If he was too fat, he wouldn't get a dominant. He knew from research on the dominant form, it read Willing Weight Range. His soulmate could put something much smaller than he was, like 100-110 lbs. If he lied, they'd be disappointed and he'd be punished and maybe even rejected but if he told the truth, he could be unmatchable.