chapter one

one month later

Louis woke up with chills running down his spine, the fourth night that he was having nightmares about his dominant.

The dominant that didn't exist.

He's taken his test 3 times in the past month, dropping a full $3,000 trying to find a dominant. Every time he came out with nothing.

His stomach was in knots, growling for food that he hadn't eaten in days but still nervous from the bad dreams.

Zayn and Liam had left for the Caribbean and hadn't come back yet. They decided to extend their stay and Louis was positive it was because they didn't want to argue with him.

They haven't had the best relationship lately; not since Louis began losing weight for his dom.

He'd lost 15 pounds already. He was proud of himself.

It took a bit of trouble trying to come up with $1,000 for his final test, but it was going to be worth it. He could tell. He would have a dominant.

Zayn and Liam agreed it was unhealthy. They kept his original test open for him, paying the $750 he couldn't afford but still didn't understand why Louis felt the need to lose weight. That wouldn't give him a dominant.

They agreed that he'd move out after his last test if he couldn't find a dominant; Louis would have to find a place of his own and a job, which has never been part of his plans.

A dominant was part of his plans.

Louis slowly stood, feeling worse than ever, just wanting to be cuddled. He immediately threw the idea from his head, knowing he couldn't get his hopes up again. It was too painful.

He sat at the bar in the kitchen, pulling up his emails on his laptop. Letting the device load, he pulled a single hard boiled egg from the fridge and began to peel it. He debated putting salt on it but decided against it, not wanting to retain any water weight.

The first thing that caught his eye was an email from the Deeming Office. He immediately clicked:

Hi, Mr. Louis Tomlinson.

Approximately 30 days ago you participated in the Dominant/Submissive Matching Test. Your dominant was:
Not Applicable.

We write to inform you, a new match has been found from your open test. Your dominant is:
Harry Styles.

Your dominant would be willing to meet you:
February 5th

at the location of:
Joffrey's Tea and Coffee Brewery

at:
7pm.

If you accept, email your dominant.

harrystyles@gmail.com.

Thank you. Congratulations.

Louis immediately began to cry in excitement. They days hadn't come fast enough for him. He was so happy to see his new dominant.

He called Zayn and Liam, hoping one of them would answer but neither did. He sighed but didn't let it affect him.

Louis ran around cleaning his house, ready for his dominant to come. He muttered, "Harry Styles, Mr. Styles" while he cleaned, getting a feel the name he would hear and say for forever.

After much cleaning and preparations, Louis finally made his way to his laptop again. He took a deep breath before typing his email.

To: Harry Styles
Subject: Good evening.
Sent: February 3

Good evening, Sir.

I look forward to meeting you. I accept the invitation.

Thank you,
Louis Tomlinson

Louis kept it simple and short, not wanting to be the slightest bit overbearing.

He stayed up for awhile trying to wait for his dominant to reply but didn't get a reply.

The next morning when he woke up he saw a new email in his inbox.

From: Harry Styles
Subject: Hello.
Sent February 4

Good afternoon, Mr.Tomlinson.

I assume you've read the email from the Deeming Office you should have received. If the date or time is not okay with you, clear your schedule please.

I will be honest. I'm not sure about a submissive.

Please be prepared for the events occurring on February 5. I will decide if you will be rejected then.

Thank you.

Harry Styles.

Louis' smile fell. The smile that hadn't left since yesterday. Rejected? He'd never thought of that before.
••••

Harry sat timidly, going through the questions quickly on the sheet. He wanted to leave. He didn't even want to fill these stupid forms out but he knew that he was ready.

It was also a plus that this meant his mother would leave him alone about his submissive.

Harry set his pencil down, handed his sheets over to the attendant and made his way to the door. This was it. He finally did it and hopefully he'd come home empty handed.

He hadn't made it home before he had an email from the Deeming Office. He finally opened it when he was home, seeing the unrecognizable name and rolling his eyes in disgust.

He really wanted a girl. He scrolled through the PDF file of Louis' application. At the end, he stopped at the pictures Louis had submitted. One of them was a beautiful shot of himself, but all of the others were group photos with two other men. Harry could tell Louis was the third wheel.

He groaned, made a date to meet his bloody boy submissive, and called his mother to inform her of the news.

"Hey, Mum." Despite living in America for years, he hadn't ever lost his accent.

"Hi, dear, how was the office?"

Harry raced through the details of his day before revealing himself. "I have a boy submissive," he informed her. He really tried to keep his disdain from his voice.

She squealed happily. "Harry, that's amazing. I thought you didn't want to go yet! I bet he's beautiful-"

"I'm going to reject him anyways."

The line was silent. Harry heard his mother grunt sadly and sigh but she didn't speak.

"Mum?"

"Yes, sweetheart. Listen, you know your father and I love you and we're ready to move on from the past when you are."

"No! It's not that, Mum. It's just" he sighed. "I want a girl. That's all."

"Sweetheart, I know it's more. He's a great boy, I'm sure. You can't be making assumptions before meeting him. Not all men are like Niall. He may be there for you, because that's his duty as your submissive. You never know."

Harry thought about it but agreed with his mother to avoid another argument. "Yes, Mum."