chapter four

Louis didn't sleep for much longer.

"Louis, it's time to wake up." Harry lightly shook his shoulder, making Louis groan in annoyance. He had just gotten to sleep. "Louis," Harry said, harsher this time than before.

At that, Louis realized he wasn't at home and this wasn't something he wanted to get in trouble for. He snapped his body up, quickly scrambling from the bed. "I'm sorry, so sorry."

"It's alright, get ready. I have to take you to work with me," Harry motioned over to the clothes laid out on the bed. Louis liked them; he could tell the pants wouldn't fit, but he liked them.

He quickly changed. His pants were a few sizes too big but he didn't complain. He still didn't know the rules.

They brushed their teeth together. While Harry prepared breakfast, Louis tried to figure out what to do with his face and hair. He had sagging bags under his eyes from his constant lack of sleep. His hair was a mess and he didn't bring a brush.

In a state of panic, Louis sneakily took Harry's brush, quickly brushed his own hair and put it back in the drawer.

"Louis!! You're going to make me late!"

Louis wanted to make some snarky comment about how he should've woken him up earlier if it was so bad. He glanced at the clock on his way out. 7:45.

As Harry and Louis walked into the office building, Louis could tell something wasn't right. Louis didn't exactly know what Harry did, because Harry hadn't given him permission to ask, but he knew this wasn't a regular office.

Louis mustered up his courage and: "Sir?"

"Yes, Louis."

"What do you- um.. what do you do for a living?"

"You didn't do research?"

"No Sir.." Louis didn't know if that was the right answer but he had to be honest. "I wasn't allowed internet at home and you haven't allowed it either."

"Of course.. of course. How about I tell you during lunch? Right now, we have work to get to," Harry smiled slightly, but Louis knew it wasn't real. Harry's dimples didn't show, and his eyes didn't crinkle.

Louis looked at a lot of pictures on the walls.

Harry had been put into a studio. There were a lot of people there but Harry hadn't introduced him to anyone, so he sat quietly on the floor next to the couch. He didn't know if sitting was allowed, since Harry was working, but Louis was exhausted.

He would lull off to sleep every once in awhile, shaking himself awake, hoping Harry wouldn't catch him.

He watched as Harry worked, talking to the men and women around him, writing words into a small notebook. Louis had gathered he was some type of musician or maybe a manager of some kind. Harry worked with all types of people; men, women, dominants, submissives. It made Louis happy to know he was providing jobs for everyone.

"It's time for lunch," Harry announced. Everyone cheered a little, making Harry laugh and remind them to back within the hour.

"Louis?" Harry was nervous. There was no response and he hadn't really been paying the boy much attention. He looked in the hall, hoping he hadn't wandered around. "Lou?" Harry walked around the couch go find Louis, head on his knees, deep in sleep. Initially he wanted to be angry because clearly the boy hadn't been very vocal about his needs, but then he reminded himself: Louis isn't good. Men aren't good.

He patted the boys head, starting soft then quickly getting harder when Louis didn't stir.

"Get up."

Louis shook his head, standing quickly to get away from Harry's harsh hand. "Sorry," Louis mumbled. He knew this was going to result in punishment then rejection. What was the point in even trying.

"Did we bore you?" Harry was offended, but he was the dominant. He couldn't show emotion.

"No sir! It was interesting, I was just so tired."

"You got to sleep for 9 hours. Don't be ridiculous. What do you want for lunch?"

Louis wanted to retaliate, tell him how uncomfortable Harry was making him, how frustrated he was, how he just wanted a good dominant and somehow he got stuck with this. Moody. Attitudes changing constantly.

"You can choose. Any day now," Harry was getting incredibly annoyed. He'd never had to deal with catering to another persons needs and Louis wouldn't give him any guidance.

"Um..can we.. um.." Louis was too tired to think. All he craved was pasta but they just had spaghetti and he didn't know what Harry liked, this was too much pressure for a sub.

"We'll get sushi then. Thanks for the help."

Harry stormed away from him, leaving Louis in the studio room alone, surrounding by big instruments and lots of buttons.

Louis looked around, hoping no one would catch him. He sneaked into the studio, sitting down at the piano. He played a few chords he knew, mindful that this was against the rules. He stopped caring.

Harry has drained him of wanting to be a submissive. He didn't know it would come with so much uncertainty and so many mood swings. Last night, Louis was happy, being in Harry's arms. Maybe Harry didn't sleep well and he was just irritable.

He started to play Canon in D. He'd dreamed of playing it at a wedding, maybe Liam and Zayn's but now, without friends, and with barely a dominant, Louis knew this would be one of the last times he would ever hear the music.

He played quickly, passing his fingers of the keys, focusing on the rhythm and sounds flying from the piano. Closing his eyes, he memorized the sound, hoping one day it would never go away.

The piano keys suddenly slammed, breaking his eyes open to find Harry's hand smashed in the middle. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?"