True Faith

Katzengefluster (AFF or Ao3)

  Bobby's had crushes before, but none of them have ever been as strong as his crush on Hanbin. 

---

"Again, Bobby?! Are you kidding me? Why can't you get this today?"

Bobby winced at Hanbin's scolding tone, leaning over with his hands on his knees to avoid looking at his leader. This was the fourth time Hanbin had called him on screwing up the same move, and the frustration in his voice was mounting.

"Cut him some slack, he's working hard." Jinhwan cut in from beside Bobby, laying a hand on his shoulder.

"Are you serious?" Hanbin shot back at Jinhwan, the look on his face incredulous. "If it were Yunhyeong, I'd be a little more patient, but Bobby is not getting a pass just for working hard."

"Hanbin—" Jinhwan started, before getting cut off.

"Don't argue with me about this," Hanbin said, before glancing over at Yunhyeong, "and you, don't look offended. I know everyone's abilities and I'm just being honest."

"You're being rude." Jinhwan countered, crossing his arms over his chest.

Hanbin's steely gaze swept to Jinhwan for a moment before returning to Bobby. "Bobby is usually one of the best at picking up choreography, and today's he's the worst. If there's an actual reason for his constant lapse in concentration, I'm all ears. But I know there isn't because if there was he would have told me."

Bobby looked up to meet Hanbin's eyes, his face flushed from more than just exertion. Fuck, he thought to himself, why does he have to be so damn attractive when he's angry? "Sorry," Bobby said, before standing up again, "you're right, I don't have any reason, just having an off-day."

Hanbin stared at Bobby for a few seconds before turning to Jinhwan, raising his eyebrows as though inviting him to comment on Bobby's admission. Jinhwan just shook his head and got into position again. "Good, let's try it again. Bobby, please try to turn yourself on for the rest of the practice, okay?"

Bobby couldn't help but crack a smile at Hanbin's comment, even though he knew it was slightly dangerous to do that when Hanbin was annoyed. He heard a snicker from his left and sought out Junhwe's face in the mirror, grinning when he saw that he wasn't the only one who'd found Hanbin's comment amusing.

Hanbin was quick to notice the shared expression though and turned around again to stare at the both of them. "Junhwe," he started, not nearly as annoyed as he was moments ago, but clearly having little patience for the added interruption.

"Sorry," Junhwe said, still grinning despite Hanbin's attention being on him now, "but if you want Bobby to turn himself on maybe you should do a little striptease for him?"

Bobby lost it at the comment, laughter bubbling out of his mouth before he could stop it. He wasn't alone though—Donghyuk was laughing even harder, and the others seemed ready to follow suit. Luckily for them Hanbin was in a good mood (despite the frustration over Bobby's ineptitude) and he shook his head before turning back around to face the mirror.

"You guys are all idiots." Hanbin stated, which brought laughter out of everyone (Hanbin included). Bobby was grateful to Junhwe for the save. He didn't want everyone else to suffer through an annoyed Hanbin, just because he couldn't focus today. More than that, though, Junhwe's joke had made Hanbin laugh, and Bobby didn't think there was any better sight in the world than a happy Kim Hanbin. Watching Hanbin laugh made Bobby's heart flutter wildly in his chest, which probably wouldn't help him focus, but then that was sort of his bigger problem today anyway. The whole reason for his inability to concentrate on the choreography was standing directly in front of him.