Assumption

Guenn (Ao3)

  Hanbin tries to elevate his relationship with Bobby from fuck-buddies to fuck-buddies-but-with-feelings. 

------

Most of the time, Hanbin assumes that he and Bobby are dating. They live together, work together, comfort each other and fuck when they have time, too. Everyone assumes that, so Hanbin also assumes that it must be true.

Till one day after the deeds are done and Hanbin is lazily tucking his face in Bobby's neck, he hears the older nervously asks him, his voice unusually soft and quiet.

"Hanbinnie? You free this Saturday?"

"Huh? No. Why?" He whines, trying to battle his desire to drift off.

"Ah, nothing. If you aren't then just ignore that. It's just... just nothing."

"Kimbab." Hanbin sighs, pecks a light kiss on the other's shoulder. "Just spit it out already."

"I was just..." Bobby stutters, unsure of his words. It's only when Hanbin perks up a little to look him in the eyes that he continues. "I just think... maybe... maybe we can go out somewhere, you know... if you want to... and if you can, that is..."

Hanbin stares at the older boy for so long that the other begins to lower his head, lips pressed into a thin line. Before he can voice out his sad "Nevermind", Hanbin has already replied.

"Okay."

"It's alright, I unders-... Wait, what?" Bobby immediately looks up, his thin eyes widen to a record-breaking big size. "Why?"

"Why not?" The younger just shrugs.

"But you have schedule." Bobby still stares at him unbelievingly.

"I can cancel them. It's for you, after all." Hanbin says casually, drops back down into the other's warm embrace. He expects the familiar delightful laughter, but there is just a nervous scoff in return. He looks up questioningly.

"Don't say things like that" Bobby averts his eyes, fakes coughing awkwardly. "You talk as if we are dating or something."

And that is the moment when Kim Hanbin realizes that maybe, just maybe, he has never really told the other boy about his assumption, or more precisely, his suggestion, on the nature of their relationship.

Before he gets to say anything, Bobby has petted his head, pushed their bodies together and Hanbin can't fight the urge to relax into the warmth. He just can't resist Bobby.

He sleepily tells himself to talk it out with Bobby later, then completely forgets about it once he shuts his eyes.

It's not until several days later that the memory comes back to Hanbin. The group are planning a movie night in the living room, but the floor is too cold and there is only one couch, clearly not enough for six grown men and a self-proclaimed-6-foot-tall man, thus the fighting for seats is nothing but brutal.

Jinhwan, with the priviledge of an old man ('of having the biggest d-..' as he argues, but that's invalid), wins a seat on the couch. Accordingly, the others immediately try to win him over for the sake of a warm ass.

"Jinannie hyung, you know that you are my favorite hyung right?" Bobby flatters him with a gross sugar-coated voice, clinging on the oldest's arm and trying to wink his slanted eyes at him, resulting in Jinhwan nearly chokes his dinner to his nose.

Hanbin, on the other hand, decides that he's already dead inside and a cold ass would not change a thing, so he just lays there and befriends the ceiling while a seat war breaks out next to him.