By The Power of Winnie the Pooh

Katzengefluster (Ao3 or AFF)

  Bobby's missing his family, and Hanbin thinks that a 3am confession is exactly what Bobby needs to make him feel better. 

----

"How are the other boys? How is Hanbin? Are the two of you still staying up all night composing?"

Bobby smiled at his mother's questions. "Everyone's okay, slowly getting better over time. Hanbin's okay. Still staying up a little later than he probably needs to, but, that's Hanbin."

"Jiwon-ah, you should be making sure he sleeps well. You're his hyung, you take care of him!" his mother scolded him.

Bobby just laughed. "He's not a baby, mom! He knows how much sleep he needs."

"That doesn't matter! You're responsible for anyone younger than you there, it's important for you to look after them."

"I try to, I promise! Hanbin doesn't always let me, but that doesn't stop me from trying." Bobby grinned. Even from halfway across the world, she never hesitated to nag him about his responsibilities. He didn't mind in this case, though.

His mother smiled back at him from the computer screen. "They're your family, Jiwon, you take care of your brothers. Especially Hanbin! You tell him that if I hear he's not sleeping enough, I'm going to call his mother."

Bobby laughed at the threat. "Oh he'll love that; I'll be sure to tell him."

Hanbin leaned against the wall, listening to Bobby's middle of the night conversation with his mother. He hadn't meant to eavesdrop, he'd just been on his way to the kitchen when he'd heard Bobby's voice in the living room. The first time Hanbin had walked in on Bobby Skyping with his family, he'd been invited into the video conversation and he'd spent ten minutes being grilled by Bobby's mother about how her precious son was doing. Since then he'd randomly dropped into Bobby's Skype sessions any time he heard him having them, and he was always met with a bright smile and an affectionate greeting. Bobby's family was ridiculously welcoming.

He was tempted to go and join Bobby now, but he hung back instead, his mind turning to recent events. It wasn't that there was a problem between he and Bobby, not really, but things had been awkward for the past few weeks, and Hanbin knew it was his fault. Hanbin had always known that there was something special about Bobby—something different that set him apart from the others. There was something that drew Hanbin to him in a way that he'd never been drawn to another person before, something that made him stronger, yet also more vulnerable. It was an awkward feeling that he'd been unsure how to deal with.

They'd occasionally messed around with each other over the years they'd been together, but it had never been anything serious, just kisses here and there, hand jobs when they were too stressed out to work, sleeping in the same bed at night when they were feeling lonely. But two weeks ago Bobby had taken it to another level, had uttered a confession that Hanbin wasn't able to deal with yet. Despite constantly yearning for the familiarity of a relationship, Hanbin was willing to admit that he was pretty terrible at actually forming relationships. It wasn't just from a romantic sense, either, he had an equal amount of trouble when it came to retaining friendships as well. Outside of his YG family of brothers, he didn't really have any friends. It was just as well though, because he didn't have time for anyone outside of the business.

But Bobby had spoken words to him one evening, when it was just the two of them sitting outside, and he'd said them so casually that Hanbin still wasn't sure if Bobby had realized he'd said them at all. But Hanbin had heard them and ever since then he'd felt weird around Bobby (which was stupid, and he knew it was stupid, but he couldn't get over it). It was especially stupid because if he was being honest with himself, falling in love with Bobby sounded like the greatest idea in the world. On paper it would be the perfect relationship for him (barring the obvious issues like potentially ending both of their careers, of course) but in practice it was harder to achieve.