Casually Being Boyfriends

wonmynihilist (Ao3)

  Hanbin wakes up late in the day anyway, so Jiwon takes him on a little date. 

-----

5pm. It was five in the afternoon and Hanbin has just woken up. It wasn't news and it certainly wasn't anything alarming. It wasn't like he was lacking sleep either. He slept a good eight hours, if not a little more. If his sleeping cycle was the issue, then he didn't know what to say. He didn't really mind.

Hanbin walked out into the kitchen to find himself something to eat. Five in the afternoon is an acceptable hour to feel hungry, he mused. He stared at the wall clock they barely ever used and saw that it was five fifteen. Wasn't this clock broken? He couldn't remember.

He opened the fridge and saw the usual. Nuts, bananas, grapes, kimchi.. Was that milk? He wasn't going to touch Jinhwan's milk. He wouldn't hear the end of it and would end up having to pay for the whole thing, even if it only contained 100ml. Hanbin took a banana and peeled it off. The very moment he stuffed it into his mouth was the same moment Jiwon slid the kitchen door open.

"Missed my cock already, i see." Jiwon laughed wholeheartedly, and Hanbin only shot him a glare in response.

Jiwon passed him to check the fridge, but there was really nothing there. He heard the door close just before he could leave the kitchen and headed for the couch. Hanbin didn't have anything special to do at the moment besides watch a random show before he went back to work.

"Want to go get some dinner?" Jiwon asked, somehow already a few feet away from Hanbin. He had eaten the last bit of banana and gave it to his boyfriend to throw away. Jiwon never really complained.

"Sure, let me change my clothes." He wasn't necessarily unacceptable. He was in a plain blue shirt with some graphic on it, with grey shorts— Okay, he was unacceptable. He went to his closet for something to wear.

"Let's watch a movie afterwards. There's a couple good ones that just came out." The elder was always looking into new things. He would always come back to him with the latest news in pop culture. Hanbin doesn't even have a music player in his phone. If that doesn't sum up his lifestyle, then he didn't know what would.

"When does it start?" Hanbin threw on a pair of ripped black jeans and a white supreme-brand hoodie. It was probably Donghyuk's with his love for the brand. He didn't bother on a snapback. He didn't want to be 'that' guy.

"Around 9? We have enough time." He nodded in understanding as he shut the closet door. As he passed Jiwon, he pecked his cheek just because he could, before heading for the door for his shoes. "Already called an uber. Should be here in a bit." Jiwon sure was planned. Guess they had to be when all they could do while in Korea was work and practice.

Surely, it was going to be a chill night. Date night, in a way, but they never had to label it anything like that. They took what they could get, and as long as Jiwon was with him, it was all good. Hanbin 'borrowed' his boyfriend's many squeaky clean air jordan's like they were yesterday's laundry. He broke them in real good.

Jiwon never left Hanbin's side on the way down, and they were holding hands in the back seat of the uber. They weren't afraid, at least not right now. Jiwon said something about a noodle broth, so they were probably getting that. Hanbin didn't mind and simply enjoyed the beautiful, colorful lights that shined just outside the window.

Hanbin loved the sight of it. Other people were wide awake and living their lives just like they were. The numbness Hanbin felt slowly subsided and when he turned to face his boyfriend, he was met with a sweet peck on the lips. Jiwon read him like a billboard sign, all underlined and dotted in bright colors.