Fake It Until You Make It

gippeoyox (ao3)

  Jiwon manages to promise his family he'll bring his non-existent partner to a family party. How will he fix this?
(Spoiler alert; Hanbin. He fixes it with Hanbin.)

---

chapter 1 - liar liar

Jiwon welcomed his grandparents with a big hug. He'd been home for the day and his grandparents were stopping by to discuss plans of a family gathering. He had missed them; constantly working, practicing, performing and filming had drastically cut down his time with relatives.
"Oh, look at you.. You've grown so much.." His grandmother had a fond smile on her lips. Jiwon smiled and nodded, knowing the exact things they were going to say and ask.
"So, how are the boys?" His grandfather asked.
"They're doing well, we just had a comeback and we're practicing hard for our performances."
"Yes, I saw the videos! All of you looked so good, we're so proud of you." Jiwon smiled thankfully as they sat down in the living room.

His parents brought drinks for all of them and Jiwon felt his grandfather hit his leg with a smile.
"So, how's your love life going? Any pretty ladies that have caught your eye? A girlfriend we can meet? Or maybe a boyfriend?" Jiwon laughed at his question.
"I would really like to see you happy with someone," His grandmother's eyes stood sad. "It worries me that you're so busy all the time.." Jiwon felt sad too. Every time relatives came over asked about whether he was seeing someone he felt burdened and honestly frustrated that they kept asking. He obviously couldn't tell them to just shut up, and the sadness in his grandmother's eyes was what made him crack in the end.

"I, uhh.. I actually am seeing someone." The lie was out before he could really think about it. Four pairs of eyes were now staring him down in disbelieve.
"You are?"
"Who is it?"
"Why didn't you tell us?" Everyone started asking questions and talking over each other. Jiwon cursed himself in his mind for just letting that slip.
"Can we meet them? Do you have a picture?" His mom looked at him, eyes big and smile on her face.

"Bring them to the family party!" His grandfather said. Jiwon agreed to it without thinking twice and immediately wanted to hit himself. His family seemed to be okay with this answer though as they let the subject die down and started talking about their own lives. Jiwon had to leave not too long after they had arrived, having to be back at the dorms on time, and as he hugged his grandmother she made sure to tell him that he really did have to bring whoever he was dating. To which he agreed again.

The whole way back home he thought of how he could fix this. He didn't have anyone in his life to show them, but he also couldn't go back and tell them he had lied. Just before he opened the dorm doors he got an idea. Rushing inside, he took his coat off and threw it outside before storming into the room.
"Hey, welcome back," Yunhyeong greeted him. "How was it?"
"It was good. Hey, do you know where Hanbin is?" Yunhyeong frowned at his weird behavior and Chanwoo, who was sitting next to him on the couch, turned around.
"I think he's in your room."
"Thanks." Jiwon shot them a smile and rushed to his and Hanbin's shared room. Indeed, the boy was sitting on his bed browsing on his phone.

"Heya." He said, not looking up from the screen.
"Hey. I need to talk with you." The serious tone in Jiwon's voice made him look up.
"Sure, what's up?" Jiwon sat down on the edge of Hanbin's bed.
"I need you to do me a favor." Hanbin put his phone down next to him and crossed his arms, a frown on his face. Normally Jiwon wasn't this serious.
"What's up?" He repeated, gaze fixed on the boy in front of him.
"I need you to be my boyfriend."

"You need me to what?"

---

Chapter 2 : Start Of Something New

 "You need me to what?" Hanbin's eyes widened.

"I need you to be my boyfriend. Well, not really. I need you to pretend to be my boyfriend." Jiwon looked confused, but not as confused as Hanbin felt. He had his legs crossed and his back against the wall, but he now leaned towards the boy.
"What- the fuck?" Was the only thing he could say.
"No, hear me out. My family, they keep bugging me about my love life and I somehow promised them I'd bring the person I'm seeing to our family party this weekend but I'm obviously not seeing someone so please, Hanbin. Please act like you're my boyfriend for just this weekend. I'm begging you." Jiwon looked at Hanbin with big puppy eyes.