Chapter Eighteen

Dan's POV

Click.
Dan published a new photo of his on his tumblr. It was a picture of a cat's feet and it's dark reflection in a water puddle. It was a dark picture, but the paws' bright orange was a strong contrast to the monochrome surroundings, it stood out nicely. He smiled, it was one of his better photos.

He'd found himself in a good mood after school, so when it had stopped raining outside, he went out and brought his camera, because photographing after rain usually was beautiful. He'd walked down his street and that's when he'd seen the fire kissed cat, it's glowing colour couldn't be missed by anyone.
He approached it slowly to not scare it away and soon the cat walked forward to meet him, giving him strokes by his legs and he crouched down to scratch it behind it's ear, which it seemed to like, a soft purring coming from the cat. There was no collar on it so he didn't know who's cat it was or what it was called.

He played with it for a while and then brought out his camera, taking some photos.
It was a beautiful cat, it's face kind and soft, so he took many photos of it's face. But somehow, he ended up uploading only it's paws, because the whole picture gave the most meaning, or that's what he thought anyway.

He'd been reluctant of going onto tumblr again, after those mean comments had been sent to him. But he hadn't got any new hateful messages in over a week now, so he dared to upload a new post.
Likes flooded in, as well as reblogs. Dan smiled at himself, feeling better of himself by finally doing something right.

 Dan smiled at himself, feeling better of himself by finally doing something right

[A/N: My art, Do not use]

After having dinner together with Alex, which had started to become a routine again, thankfully, Dan had gone upstairs to check over his homeworks. The two history essays, doodled with Phil's notes and scribbles reminded him of their conversation earlier today.

It had been so weird. Or rather, it hadn't. It had felt so easy to talk to Phil, and that was the weird part. Phil had kindly helped Dan through the exercise of which Dan didn't understand, and they had both laughed and had a good time. Or Dan had at least, but Phil seemed to aswell.

Although Dan fucked up of course afterwards by assuming they could hang out after the class ended, thought maybe Phil wanted to join him for lunch.
Well, that was obviously not the case, Dan regretted even thinking that Phil would want to hang out with him. Dan earned this, he had made sure of that with all that bullying Phil before.

Why the hell would Phil want to hang out with his bully? Phil just made the best out of the situation when in class, of course. He wouldn't want to do that by own choice.
All he could do was try to make up for what he had done, starting with not bullying him. Gosh, he couldn't, not ever again. Phil didn't deserve it. Dan sat down, feeling guiltier the more he thought about it.

Why had he even bullied him? It didn't feel right, he could no longer imagine how it'd ever felt right in the first place. Obviously Phil was the last person who deserved getting punched. If anyone deserved it, it would be Dan himself.
No, he felt a need to make it up to Phil, even if Phil would not ever forgive him, he had to try. Dan owned him that much.