11

Jungkook had made it a habit to carry around his sketchbook and a pencil no matter where he went.  That, along with his headphones, gave a pretty solid reason for people to leave him alone.

Luckily, that worked for the most part as he watched the vocalists. Jungkook assumed they would be busy practicing or writing lyrics or whatever a vocalist does, but instead they were in a dance studio.

Jungkook had found a spot on the floor in the corner of the large room when he had first walked in, trying not to bother the four other people. All of them were singing in somewhat breathy voices as they danced to an upbeat instrumental track.

The more Jungkook watched them, the more he was amazed. Their footwork was astounding, some moves were sharp while others were fluid; Jungkook found himself humming along to the music and tapping his pencil on his sketchbook.

However, despite how amazing they all were, he found his eyes lingering on Jimin. There was just something in his steps, the way he danced, the way his body moved in perfect timing with the beat... Not to mention the look in his eyes. The kind stare Jungkook had grown accustomed to was replaced by something more intense and it was—it—it made Jungkook feel weird.

And when Jimin opened his mouth and sang, the sharp but powerful voice surprised Jungkook in the best way possible.

Then the music abruptly cut off, and Jungkook couldn't help but feel disappointed when everyone suddenly stop practicing.

"I brought ice cream for everyone."

Jungkook looked towards where the sound system was and saw the minty haired man standing there, a tray of ice creams in his hand.

"Who eats ice cream when it's negative ten billion degrees outside?"

"It looks like I have an extra ice cream now. Does anyone else want to be an ungrateful little—"

"Noooo," Taehyung said, walking forward and wrapping his arms around Yoongi's free arm as a pout formed on his face. "I love you."

Yoongi shoved an ice cream at Taehyung as his nose crinkled, "Just get off of me." But despite the somewhat harsh words, his lips were turned upwards.

What was it Namjoon had said about Yoongi? That he was actually a soft person? Jungkook could believe that.

Everyone got their ice cream, thanking Yoongi with smiles on their faces, but Jungkook didn't move from his spot on the floor. He wasn't important enough to be remembered; he doubted Yoongi had thought of him.

But still, ice cream was one of those weird foods he could stomach. It was completely random, but the fact that he didn't have to chew and that it was sweet seemed to help it go down easier. And he didn't even need the ice cream, he just—

No. He cut that thought off immediately as he watched Taehyung laugh obnoxiously loudly at something that was said. They were his friends, not Jungkook's. Jungkook was just someone they had employed.

Actually, they weren't even paying him, so they were simply using him.

But he wanted them to talk to him, he wanted to feel included, like he had friends, even if it was a lie.

Jungkook wanted to go home. He didn't feel like faking a smile as everyone ignored him today.

"Hey, kid." Jungkook glanced up and saw Yoongi looking at him. "I'm sorry I didn't get you anything, I didn't know you'd be here today."

Jungkook waved him off.  "It's fine."

Honestly, Jungkook hadn't even known he was going to be there. He thought his Friday would be spent at home watching movies or listening to music, not in some dance studio. Sadly, that plan had been interrupted when Taehyung quite literally dragged him to the bus stop after they left their last class of the day.