12

When Jimin and Jungkook stepped outside into the winter night, coats pulled tight around them, it was snowing. The large flakes were like cold kisses that bit his cheeks, but the sight of the flurries in Jimin's fluffy hair, his cheeks tinged pink, a scarf pulled over his mouth, made Jungkook feel warm.

The sky was cloudy as they made their way across the parking lot. Jungkook blew into his hands to keep them warm; Jimin had his shoved into the pocket of his coat, his fingers moving around something.

"Are your friends going to be mad at you for ditching practice?" Jungkook asked. It had been eating at his mind since they'd grabbed their coats and left. He didn't want Jimin to get in trouble.

"They'll get over it," Jimin said, "I haven't missed a practice in a while."

Jungkook wanted to ask how long he'd been practicing and rehearsing for the album but his mouth felt glued shut. It wasn't Jimin's fault. It was just Jungkook.  He couldn't pinpoint why but he was scared.

Just let go, just let go...

But he still struggled. He couldn't turn the feeling off. He hated it.

The more he thought about how much he knew about Jimin and the more he thought about how much Jimin knew about him, the more that first day they met stuck out in his mind. His cheeks flamed from embarrassment.

"I don't have a car," Jimin said, voice slightly muffled by the scarf, "I was just going to walk until I got an idea."

"So you have an idea?"

"No..." Jimin trailed off. "I hope you aren't hungry though, I'm not really not in the mood for food."

"I'm not." Jungkook said, but his stomach felt hollow as usual. What he really needed was something to chase the frigidness out of his hands...

Jimin looked over at him. "Are you thinking?"

Jungkook nodded. He couldn't think of anything though, because his mind felt slow and frozen, just like his fingers. Normally he liked the cold because it gave him something to focus on besides everything that was pressing in on him, but now it was just annoying. Plus, he couldn't stand having stiff fingers.

He was distracted, however, when Jimin's eyes lit up.

"I have an idea." Jimin said, looking like a small, little puppy. "I have an idea."

The look on Jimin's face made Jungkook a little nervous. Then again, everything made Jungkook nervous, so that was nothing new.

"What is it?" He asked as Jimin bounced on his toes, excitement coursing through every single one of his bones.

"A secret." Jimin pressed his lips together, putting a finger against them, his smile barely contained. He came close, really close, and linked his arm with Jungkook's. "Let's go."

The first thought that went through Jungkook's head was, "Oh shit." The second was, "Help." The third was, "Oh my god, he's so close." and the last was "I wish we weren't wearing such thick coats."

He found that train of thought to be extremely odd, especially that last one, but none the less he let Jimin drag him down the street, their steps quicker now that they had a destination.

They had a destination.

Jungkook tried to get himself to calm the hell down, but there was a brew of emotions bubbling in his stomach that would not leave. Some were negative (like the near paralyzing fear at the fact that he didn't know where he was going and he was with some one he barely knew.) but there were positive emotions that balanced everything out. He supposed that to some extent, likely due to what happened the first time they met, he trusted Jimin. That scared him just like everything else.