17

Jimin moved closer and Jungkook closed his eyes, waiting to feel Jimin's lips on his, each second seeming agonizingly long, before he felt something soft touch his forehead.

Jungkook opened his eyes to see Jimin grinning as he pulled away.

"Not yet," Jimin said, "not yet."

Jungkook tried not to frown at the words. Jimin had basically just said he wanted to fuck Jungkook (which honestly, the more he thought about it, the more he was baffled.) but he wouldn't even kiss him?

Granted, an hour ago, Jungkook wasn't even sure what their relationship was. Heck, he still wasn't sure. But... If...

Jungkook's head started to hurt.

"Awh, no need to look so disappointed, Kookie." He said, the painting back in his hands. "I just have a plan. Sort of."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow. "You planned our first kiss?"

"Kind of...?"

Jungkook sat up, the pain that was in his finger disappearing to nearly nothing. "Fair enough." He stood then, stretching his back out. "But I'm holding you to what you said."

"About what?" Jimin asked, looking up from the painting of the hands and pinning his eyes on Jungkook.

Jungkook felt his lips twitch but he fought the smile. "About the other things."

><

Jungkook was alone in his room for a majority of the day. No one really stopped by, but Jungkook understood that because they were working.  They were taking this opportunity to get ahead in what they were doing. Jungkook could understand that—respect that.

But he had nothing to do. He didn't quite feel as alone as he had that morning, which was an immense improvement. He was slightly nervous to leave the safety of his room, for the simple reason that he wasn't sure whether or not Jimin would talk to him when Taehyung was like a sponge, absorbing all conversation.

Jungkook elected to just stay in his room. It was safe in here on his bed, but it was silent. Far too silent. Normally he would be listening to music, letting it take him out of himself for even the shortest amount of time, but he didn't know where his phone was. The fact that he had his music taken from him was driving him insane.

In a sense, however, he supposed his brain was some type of broken song. Nothing but a discord of melodies, scattered notes, flawed harmony. The difference was, he hated the sound of it. The way it sent his emotions astray and let them run rampant, trampling his heart and everything he had ever valued.

If Jungkook had a lighter, he would be doing something very different. He did feel kind of bad for what he did, but some of the heaviness was alleviated each time he did it. It was amazing—miraculous even.

Jungkook sighed as he sat up. He hadn't eaten all day; he hadn't felt the need to. His stomach was hollow, a pit, but it didn't need to be filled. It didn't want to be filled.

But, it was getting late. He needed to make sure his guests were well accommodated for and comfortable as they might settle in for the night to sleep. He doubted they would rest any time soon though, judging from the low hum of music resonating through the house.

Jungkook's bare feet were frozen as they hit the floor. It was a little chilly in the house. The bandages on Jungkook's left hand shifted as he grabbed the doorknob and twisted, and he made a mental note to tighten them after he got sleeping arrangements made.

"Okay, let's go over this as if we were performing, just to see how it sounds.." Namjoon said, the click of a mouse echoing. The track restarted from the beginning. Jungkook stopped going down the stairs and instead sat down, preparing to patiently wait the three minutes or so it would take them to finish. He didn't want to be an annoyance, especially considering they all looked very busy from the small part of them he could see from his spot sitting on the stairs.