22

Yellow was a color that Jungkook found repulsive. It made his skin crawl and his head spin all because it was his favorite color.

He was sitting at his desk, a pencil in hand as he stared at the dauntingly blank piece of paper. Jungkook didn't feel like drawing, especially considering still felt a little unwell.

His parents and brother had come home late last night, nearly fourteen hours after they had left and they were just as surprised as Jungkook at the sight of the roses on the table.

As far as Jungkook was concerned, his parents didn't bring them in. There was only a sligjtly yellowed card with his initials—J.J.K.—on it.  That scared Jungkook more than he cared to admit.

The person brought the flowers into the house themselves. They could've murdered Jungkook while he was sleeping.

When he put those pieces together he vowed to never stay home alone again. That wasn't the only thing bothering him though. He couldn't, for the life of him, figure out why someone would send him flowers or who that someone could be.

Jungkook, by whatever gods decided to bless him (finally) was feeling better. His fever had broken sometime through the night and he no longer had to go to the doctor. It was as if a mountain was lifted off of his shoulders; he never figured out a way he could've hid the burns.

Jungkook glanced at the lighter that was on the edge of his desk. He had a love/hate relationship with it. It gave him the release he craved and it elevated him enough to where he could actually get stuff done. However, guilt, no matter how little, was constantly eating at his subconscious. The little white lighter on his desk seemed to taunt him.

"Jungkook!" His mom's yell came from downstairs. "You have a guest."

Guest...?

Should he be flattered that someone came to see him or should he be absolutely terrified?

"Tell them I died!" Jungkook yelled as he bent over his desk and began the rough draft of a little, orange, cartoon fox. He was about five seconds in before he realized he had no idea how to draw a fox so he put his pencil down and grabbed his phone to search for a reference.

"Either you come down here or I send him up there!"

Great. Jungkook put his phone down and did his best to swallow the anxiety as his mind raced. He made his way out of his room.

Taehyung? Jimin? Or is it one of the others?

What if it was him?

Jungkook froze at the top of the stairs, the thought a weight in both his feet and his chest. It would be best to just turn around, right? He could hide in his room or even his closet. 

That was when his mother poked her head around the corner and frowned at the sight of him just standing there.

"What are you doing there?" Mom tried to smile at him, tried to comfort him in her own way. "I don't think you'll be disappointed."

Unrestrained laughter erupted from the foyer. The sound made Jungkook's bones lock up as his muscles went taut.

Jungkook has only heard that laugh a couple of times but he could recognize it anywhere.

"No, no." He whispered. "Mom I can't; I look like sh—"

"Language."

"—ipoop."

"You look fine. He's your friend he shouldn't judge your appearance anyway. And if he's that shallow then you shouldn't be friends with him."

Jungkook felt out of breath. Why did he have to come today when Jungkook was still sick? Why did he come unannounced?