Introductions

(Please forgive me for the terribleness of this story. I'm trying. Very vaguely.)

    [Today was Pyra's first day on the job. She would be moving on from training in Mann Vs Machine to fight against those Blues as she had been trained to do. Learning her own strengths and weaknesses, Ignoring what she felt, Understanding why she had to wear that mask for one reason. Basically, it WAS dangerous, she needed a protective mask, that the goggles were to be warn at ALL times, along with the mask. ]

  Pyra looked up through the goggles, looking around quietly. She closed her eyes and counted slowly along with the timer. This base was to be a very important one, Even in the desert. "Egypt 1" was what they called the base. "The ripe for the picking". She quickly took the "Rainblower" out, looking around at her enthusiastic teammates. They smiled at her, Two "Scouts" clapping and running amok inside the post. The "Heavy" on her team stood eating a sandwitch. One lone "Spy" was brushing off his suit, snobbishly. Her teams "Medic" gave her a long look, then dipped his head, with a small smile.

"Glad to have you on the team, Pyro. The name's Thomas." Said the medic.

"We've been at a loss for a Pyro now for quite a long time. You see that soldier over there?" He pointed to a particularly loud duo of a Soldier and a Demoman.

"That's my first comrade on duty. He seems much younger than I, but I promise, he's only a year or two younger." The soldier looked over and tipped his overly large hat to her.

"The name's Brutus, Pyro! And you are?" He smiled, encouragingly.

"Mpph Mpppph!" Pyra tried to speak through her mask, but to no prevail. She shook her head then took out her Flamethrower, Burning her name on the wall while all around her stared, mouths dropped. Thomas, the almost elderly medic, was the first to speak.

"Pyra?" She nodded vigorously, and held out her hand. "Pyyyhrauh!" Most of the Reds laughed, and shook her hand, The extremely drunk Demoman giving her a hug.

"Good to have yah!" He belched out, halfway collapsing as she let go. Pyra's hands went out to steady the man, and all laughed. "The name's Scottie, girlie!" Pyra chuckled gently, and helped the man to a bench. Thomas stepped forward, his deeply accented voice filling the room.

"Introductions, everyone?" 

The two scouts stepped forward.

"I'm Jake, and this sore loser is Brendon." Brendon hit Jake on the head with a well deserved "Bonk!"

"Bill, miss, But everyone calls me Billy." The engineer tipped his hat to the shorter Pyro.

The heavy slowly stepped forward, the medic giving him an encouraging pat on the back.

"My names Rupert, miss." Pyra smiled under her mask and gave the large, shy man a kind hug. Rupert instantly blushed once she let go, and backed away quickly.

The team's sniper stood in the corner, cleaning his Tribalman's shiv. "Nigel."

A lone spy stood just within the shadows, fixing his tie. "I... I am none of your concern, ma'am....."

Pyra stood and stared at the spy, then all turned to the loudspeaker.

"Mission begins in 15 seconds."