Chapter Five: Loss Brings Out The Worst In People

(Now this is where I have to stop and warn everyone of dark, cruel intents, along with a sexual theme. Please do NOT read this if you didn't understand the last few words, or if you don't like extremely disturbing themes. This section includes an attempted rape.)

  Pyra sat once more on the railing, her flameproof suit off, her hands grasping the railing gently as she hummed to herself. She was haunted by one thought, however. Brutus was dead. She shuddered, wishing for Alexander's arms to keep her from the haunting thoughts of death and loss, even though she knew Alexander was gone, forever. She closed her eyes, hoping silently that somewhere, Brutus was happy. Her thoughts were stopped when she heard footsteps behind her. For one moment, her heart fluttered, thinking only of Alexander, then it fell as she realized it was uncalculated, drunken, and heavy. Scottie.

"Ello, Girlie." Scottie giggled, as if he had said a funny joke, coming up to the railing beside Pyra. "Did you know Brutus is dead? Dead, gone, deceased, lost. Death is such a funny word, isn't it? De-ath." Scottie giggled uncontrollably, a film over his eyes. "Dead, gone, forever without Brutus, unimaginable, isn't it? But your unimaginable too, Girlie, mmhmm." Scotties hands went to Pyra's shoulder, then started moving down toward her breast. Pyra shoved Scottie away, mouth going wide.

"Don't touch me, creep!" Her eyes filled with fear as Scottie frowned ever so slightly, attempting to form a though through the drunken haze.

"But Girlie, I WANT to touch you." Pyra's eyes shot wide with horror as Scottie grabbed her arm, hard enough to leave bruises, as he shoved her down onto the ground.

"Let me GO, Scottie! HEL-" Scottie covered her mouth as he smiled darkly down at her.

"Now nobody can hear you scream." Scottie laughed darkly, then his eyes turned to surprise as.. Blood dripped down onto Pyra's chest, and a sharp blade protruded from Scottie's chest. For one second sanity hit Scottie's eyes, shame, sorrow, pain..... and then he was gone. His eyes glazed over, as the man called Scottie disappeared into nothing but a memory and a dead body held by two harsh black gloves.

Alexander.

"Pyra!" Alexander shoved Scottie's body off of the shaking girl, quickly sitting her up and almost scrambling to bring her into his arms. The moment his arms were around her, she began shuddering and sobbing, pressing herself closer to the man.

"I was s-so.... s-scared..... That he was going to.... t-" Alexander quickly cut Pyra off.

"Shh, its alright now, Pyra... He's gone.... He can't hurt you anymore...." Alexander gently took off his bloody gloves and began running his hand through Pyra's hair as she cried into his shoulder, Alexander keeping her close to him.

"I won't ever let them hurt you." Alexander stroked his hand through Pyra's dark, obsidian-black hair, his lips pressed to her forehead, his other arm around the sobbing Pyro, who slowly calmed.

"A-alexander... You came back for me?.."

"Yes, Pyra. I was.... going to see if I could join you in Red."
Pyra looked at Alexander surprised.

"Become a red?... But your a..."

"Loyal blue, yes.. But... I want to be with you, Pyra. I need to protect you from people... People in that Demo's sort of emotional state."
Pyra looked up at Alexander and stated firmly, her eyes bloodshot with tears.

"His name was, is, and always will be, Scottie."