Chapter Eight: RED's Second Spy

Alexander's POV----

Alexander closed his eyes groggily. His head was cloudy and his balaclava was getting uncomfortably hot. He blinked slowly, looking around the room. It was a calming tan, with a hint of red and pink mixing on the upper half of the wall. It had no windows and he lay in a hospital bed, a cast on his leg. Around the room there was only one other piece of furniture.. currently occupied by Pyra, who sat sleeping in the ratty armchair right up against the bed. Her head rested near his, snoring a little. Alexander smiled weakly, and lay his head back down, his hand grasping hers gently.

"I'll be alright." Alexander smiled grimly up at the ceiling, dreading the moment the medic questioned both him and his tired love. Closing his eyes, he turned his head to the side to sleep with his head next to hers.

Thomas's POV----

He looks so trusting. Thomas couldn't get over that. The BLU Spy was sleeping serenely with the RED Pyro inches away from his face! His head shook gently. This wasn't a one time kind of thing- Those two were truly in love. Thomas sighed with a faint smile. Now if only he could get the other in the fortress to understand. Pausing, he sighed. Poor Rupert would be heartbroken. The rest of the team, he didn't know. Only God knew what their mysterious RED Spy would think. 

Pyra's POV----

Pyra opened her eyes, yawning. She felt warm breath near her face, looking and seeing Alexander- HER Alexander- sleeping soundly. Smiling, the dark room suddenly became illuminated with moonlight. Someone had pulled the blinds a bit. Quickly closing her eyes, she heard a chuckle and a familiar voice.

"Relax, Pyra. It's just me." She opened her eyes and sighed.

"Thomas, don't scare me like that." She sat up straight in her chair, already missing the BLU Spy's warm breath. Shivering slightly, Pyra rubbed her face, trying to revive the gentle warmth.

"I'm sorry, my friend- but we do have the matter of a BLU Spy to discuss. This one, right he-"

"Alexander."

"Huh?" Thomas paused.

"His name is Alexander." Pyra smiled a little bit.

"Ah. Well, then, we have the matter of Alexander to settle."

"Yes, we do."

-----------

Pyra explained everything to her Medic, praying he understood. Slowly, he nodded after she finished her story.

"So.. he wants to become RED?"

"Yes. Please, please can we let him? We can tell the guys... Just... don't let them too close to him... He's brittle as it is.. and BLU wouldn't like him back in their respawn... Th-they'd hurt him.. I don't want him to d-"

"I'm not going to let him die, Pyra.... I'll give him a RED respawn chip as soon as he is well enough for surgery. It's not even complex, won't take long. He'll be a red member within the next week."

"Thank you, Thomas... You're a life saver."

"Thats what Medics are for, my dear fiery friend."

----------

END OF CHAPTER EIGHT

Please comment if you want more! Rate up, and show others! Thank you, and stick around!