Madness

The sun shone through the tiny opening in the curtains, waking me up.

I look over at Nate, who was still asleep deeper than the Atlantic Ocean.

I grab a hotel robe and wrap it around my body, gently brushing the skin it touched.

I walk over to the bathroom and turn on the shower.

I step in and feel the warm water hit me. I close my eyes and relax my arms to the side, letting the water attack my body with each warm drop.

I clean my hair and body and turn the water off. I squeeze all of the excess water out of my hair and grab the robe again. I slip into it and walk into the cool, crisp hotel room.

Nate was up, flipping through the channels on the television.

He was still undressed, sitting up in the bed and covered in sheets.

"Hi," he says, grinning. "How'd you sleep?"

I blush.

"Great," I answer. "You?"

He grins again.

"Amazing." he said.

I picked up our clothes and threw Nate's at him.

"Hey!" he yelled.

I laughed and jumped next to him on the bed.

"I'm bored." he said.

I look at him.

"Well, let's go somewhere. Jack and Andrew are going to the aquarium today. We should go with."

Nate shrugged and nodded.

"Alrighty."

He gets up and grabs his clothes, making his way to the bathroom.

I grab my clothes and quickly put them on. I search for my shoes and put those on as well.

Nate comes out of the bathroom and goes to the sink to wash his hands. Once again, he looks in the mirror and pushes his hair back. He even checks his teeth and face.

"You ready?" he asks, getting his shoes on.

I nod and make my way towards the door, Nate following behind.

We got out just in time because Andrew and Jack just got out of their rooms as well.

"We're going with you guys." says Nate.

They nod and walk towards us.

Then, we all walk out of the hotel together.

The bright sun shot right into our eyes. I had forgotten how sunny it would be.

Nate slips on his sunglasses, blocking the squinting emerald eyes.

Luckily, the aquarium was in walking distance.

I get out my camera from my backpack along with my headphones, which I then connect to my phone.

I choose a song at random and the first song just so happened to be Carry On.

I look at Nate, who is looking at the city that's surrounding him.

I smile and take a picture of the three guys.

Jack flicks off the camera and Nate laughs and hides his face. I thought that was cute, so I took a photo of that, too.

Andrew stands next to a sign that shows information about Chicago and the architecture that the city is composed of. He shows off the sign with a pose and I snap a photo of that, as well.