Chapter 5

Hiccup

I was all alone. I need someone that can help me to go to the Dragon's Den, which is much like a hangout for Dragon families and friends. 

Ever since I got separated from my mother, I was basically on my own, without a left foot.

As I was walking, I noticed a Dragon who seems to be lost as well.

She was talking to another dragon who is a brother and sister.

"You guys are not helping me at all!" She said, but I knew that things were not going to be that well, as she steps into a human dragon trap.

I knew that she needs help.

Skyla

I bumped into two dragons named Heather and Dagur. 

I asked them directions, but they like to argue a lot. 

"Excuse me, I need directions." I asked the siblings.

Heather said, "Dagur, you really need to loosen your meals." 

Dagur said, "Well, excuse me of not trying to be nicer to you. Oh, you must be new around here. I'm Dagur and this is my sister, Heather." 

"How you doing, Dragon?" She said.

"Ok, I'm not really a dragon, I'm a human. A woman." 

Both of them laughed at me, as if I was crazy.

"No, it's true! I was lifted into the sky by my older... " I began to explain, but retelling about Ryic seems to be unbearing for me.

"Forget that. You guys aren't helping me at all!" 

I struggled with walking with four legs as Heather and Dagur looks at the direction I was going through.

"Uh, I really think you shouldn't gone that way." Dagur yells to me, which left Heather in total confusion of why her brother was saying.

"Wait, why you say that, Dagur?" Heather asks, with curious tone.

"Well, there's um..." He replies, but his warning came too late as I step into a human dragon trap, leaving me hanging upside down with a rope attach to it.

As I tried to get the stick, a voice appears.

"Hey, is it safe?" The voice asks.

I was confused. "What you mean by "safe?"

"I mean, is there any humans around?" 

"Uh, no." 

A young Night Fury came out of the shadows, "Awe, great!" 

I was surprised at the young dragon's appearance as I dropped the stick and banged my head. 

"How you doing? I saw you walking and I knew that I couldn't leave you behind like that." He said. 

Wait, was he trying to be nice to a dragon he never seen before?

"Here, let me help." The young dragon said. 

As he walk, I noticed that he was different, one of his legs was burned off, like he had a limp. 

The dragon bit the trap off, left me going up into the air and the branch hit me in the stomach.

"Ok, I think you're going to be fine, but I think we should.." He said, but then he sense something. 

"Run!" 

I was confused by his meaning, but I too sensed something, like someone was watching my movements.

I hear a twig snapped, and as I turned around, I noticed an familiar face. 

It was Eric!

"Eric? Eric, you found me! You wouldn't believe what a nightmare this has been for me." I said to my brother.

He points his spear at me.

"E-Eric? Wait, wait! You don't understand, it's me, Skyla!" I yelled, but I ran from him as fast I could. 

I ran towards a cave and went inside, hoping that my brother wouldn't find me. 

I gasp in freight as I saw my brother above me. 

"Is he gone?" I turned to see the same one who helped me. 

"Quiet!" I whispered to the young dragon, covering his mouth, watching the hunter as he left.

I sigh as the dragon ask, "Uh, you can let go of me now." 

I let the dragon go, but I couldn't believe that my own brother was hunting me down, like he doesn't recognize me.

"Why was he chasing me?" 

"It's what humans do. They do it for a living for a long time." The young dragon explains.

I said, "Uh, I am grateful that you helped me with that trap. I should get going, kid." 

As I was about to leave, he said, "Uh, wait!" 

He sighs, "I need your help. I got separated from my mom, and with this hunter around, it's hard to go alone." 

"Kid, I got my own problems to deal with." I replied.

"Please come with me to Dragon's Den. There's a lot of salmon and full of dragons, and every night, we watch the lights touch the earth." 

I was surprised of what he has said. "Wait, what you just say?"

" There's a lot of salmon and full of dragons-" 

"Wait, you know where the Spirits of Valhalla live?" I asked the young dragon.

"Yeah, it's right next door to Dragon's Den." He replies. 

I was unsure, but it seems like this Dragon is my only hope of become human again.

"Look, if you slow me down-" I said. 

"I wouldn't do that I promise." He said. 

"Ok, well, we leave first thing in the morning." I said, curling myself with my wings.

The young Night Fury sighs as he makes a plasma blast around, and he was about to sleep, I couldn't be mean to him.

"If you want to be friends, I'm Skyla." I introduce myself.

"My name's Hiccup." He replied then he falls asleep.

As I look at Hiccup, I begin to wonder, is this really what being a dragon is all about, running away from hunters?

I guess that I have a lot to learn of how to become like a dragon in order to get my humanity back and be with Eric and the rest of the village.

Author's note:

What you think of this chapter? Will Skyla and Hiccup get along? Find out soon! - Jan