Chapter 9

Hiccup

I couldn't believe it! We finally made it to Dragon's Den! It seems so long since I attended the last gathering with Mom.

Skyla panted with sweat, mostly because she was trying to catch up to me. 

I saw my family friend, and the leader of the Dragon's Den, Gobber.

"Gobber!" I said to the Grump with a pounce on him.

"Hiccup, wow, it's great to see you! You sure grown a bit since I last saw you." 

I was a little bit embarrassed as Skyla was watching.

I decided to change the subject.

"Hey, Gobber, has my mother arrived here yet?" I asked, looking around the area for her.

Gobber said, "No, as if matter of fact, I haven't seen Valka arrive yet."

I said, with pure confident, "Well, it seems to me that my friend, Skyla and I beat her to it."

The Grump seems to be surprise that I wasn't alone.

"She's with you?"

The Razorwhip gave a small wave as the other Dragons were looking at her.

Skyla

 I was a little bit shy. I know it's not I like the other Dragons and all, but I just felt like I don't actually belong here, since technically I'm not a dragon.

Gobber asks Hiccup, "She's with you?"

I gave a small wave to him as the other Dragons were smelling me.

Hiccup said, pointing towards the mountain, "There it is, Skyla. Just like I promised. 

It's a long way to climb up there, Skyla." 

I said, nodding, "Well, thanks for all of your help, Hiccup." 

I was about to leave the group, Gobber said, "You're leaving so soon?"

"Yeah, it's just um..." I begin to sigh then explain to the dragon, "I just felt like I don't belong here." 

The Dragon seems to be in total shock of my explanation.

"Don't belong? Every dragon here is welcome in Dragon's Den. 

Let's have some fun!" 

Hiccup showed me around, since he knows his way around. 

It seems like Dragons were having fun and enjoying themselves. 

I was nervous, but then I was beginning to enjoy myself, even when Hic and I went riding down a waterfall slide! 

I looked around Dragon's Den, and I realize that Dragon's Den is like a village... a family, for Dragons!

I was amazed and I did felt belonged.

As Night falls, the dragons gather.

I look at Hiccup for guidance, "What's going on with the other dragons, Hic?"

He said, "It's called, " Pass the fish". We tell each other what we had done during the summer. We do this ever since I can remember as a hatchling." 

Poor Hiccup couldn't catch the fish.

"Here you go, Hic." 

He said, "You have to tell it, Sky." 

"What?" I ask.

Gobber said, "Yeah, you caught, you tell it." 

I said, "I went on the longest, hardest, most terrifying journey I've ever been on, with the biggest pain the neck I ever met!" 

Hic looks directly at me, with curiosity.

I chuckled at him, giving him a nudge, "What you expect from a little brother? Ok, Hic. It's your turn." 

The dragon chuckles, "Let's hear it, Hic." 

The throng shushes as he begins to tell the tale.

"It happened all in one night

Mom and I were just eating fish, when all of a sudden, she pushes me through the bushes and tells me to be real quiet. 

She said, "I sense something."

So I used my senses and something was coming right towards us, getting closer and closer."

I chuckled.

"Then out of the trees, jumps the hunter!"

I gasped.

"And now... there was no place for Mom to go! The monster was backing her up against this giant glacier!"

 My flashback of Ryic's death came back to me, as I realize as Hiccup continues the story.

"The monster attacks, but Mom was quick enough to stop her. And before she done it again, she stands up and yells , "Go away!" 

"Skyla!" 

"Then Mom sense more of them. It was a pack of them right at us." 

"Ryic, no, you guys shouldn't be here! You have to get out of here!" 

"What?"

"The Night Fury, behind you!" 

"She stops them, before they get to me. All around her, poking her with Spears. 

"Ryic don't do it!" 

"The whole Glacier broke, and fell into the water! There was ice everywhere! 

She didn't hold her breath any longer, before pow! She bursts out of the water. 

I never seen anything like it before." 

I remember going after the Dragon before I killed it, and I realized now, it was Hiccup's mother calling for her son.

"Hiccup?"

"Ryic is dead, because of that monster!"  My voice echoes as I start to hyper aviating and having a meltdown. 

I killed an innocent Mother, and I left her child as an orphan!

Gobber said, "Whoa. Fell out a glacier? I never seen anything like that. Can you imagine?"

I was in panic and Hiccup looks at me with curiosity in his eyes, and grew concern.

"Skyla? What's the matter, Skyla?" The young Night Fury asks.

I knew I had to get away for a while. 

I run as fast I can from the other dragons and Hiccup himself. 

As I looked at the Mountain glimmering in the skies, I was scared.

I looked down as I watched the other Dragons. 

I paced back and forth, not knowing what to do, but I knew for one thing: 

I can't hide the truth from Hiccup anymore.