Chapter 7

Skyla

I woke up with Hiccup muttering in his sleep.

"Hic. Hiccup, wake up!" I said, to the Night Fury with a grin on my face as Hiccup said, "Five more minutes, Mom." 

He wakes up, yawning. 

"Oh. Morning, Skyla. You seem to like waking up early." He said, stretching his legs so we can continue our way to Dragon's Den.

I shrug, "What can I say? I'm an early morning person." 

But as we continued walking, I kept staring at the missing left foot of his.

"What?" The young Night Fury asks.

" I was wondering... what happened to..." I asked the dragon, which he notices where I was going with.

"Oh... this? It was a long time ago, when I was little. A wildfire started and I was still learning how to defend myself. A branch filled with fire came crashing on me and my foot was so burnt that I couldn't stand properly." 

I was in surprise of his bravery of telling me.

"Whoa. That seems so scary, Hiccup. I'm sorry that happen to you." I said, felt regret of asking.

The Night fury said, "No, it's quite all right. I got use of it by now, but walking isn't easy when you have three legs." 

I said, looking at our direction, "Speaking of which, do you know which way we are suppose to take from here?"

Hiccup

I look at the directions and begin to feel sweaty as I realize that we are lost.

I never been so unsure before. Usually Mom was the skilled Night fury with directions.

"Hic, which way should we go?" The Razorwhip asks me with a curious look.

"Uh, that way?" I ask nervously.

"I can't believe this. Admit it, we're lost, aren't we?!?" The dragon yells as she went ahead.

"Hey, you can't expect me to get all the directions." I said, then I mutter, "At least you have anger issues." 

The dragon walks away, I said, "Well, you would've still be stuck on that tree right now if it hasn't been for me! 

You have to be loosen up a little." 

She replied, "Well, you really think I can watch over you? "I'm lost, I can't find my mom." Why you just grow up!" 

I said, "Fine, I will go on my own." 

"Fine!" 

"Fine!" 

I walked away, but felt bad that we argued.

Skyla

I sighed, knowing that auguring  wasn't the answer. 

I followed the young Night fury. 

"Hic? Hiccup, wait. I want to apologize. I didn't..." I begin to say, but the dragon and I were amazed. 

There were ancient Viking drawings. 

"Whoa." He said.

As I continued looking, I noticed the painting of a handprint of a human. 

I touched the painting with my paw and it reminds me of how desperate of how I missed being a human, wanting to put my own handprint on the ancestor mural back on my village. 

As I looked around, I saw the painting of the Great Spirits and it brought me memories of how I was transformed into a dragon.

That was when I saw a painting that took me by suprise. 

It was a painting of a Viking attacking a dragon, on a battle. 

I glared at the painting of the Dragon before me, mostly of thinking about Ryic's death.

Hiccup came behind me, felt scared.

"You know, those monsters are really scary. Especially with those weapons." 

I realize that he was talking about the Vikings, the humans were the enemies. 

We stare at the painting for a while, but I knew that we have to continue our way.

"Come on, Hiccup, let's get out of here." I said. 

As we continued our way to Dragon's Den, I ask, "You really think I have anger issues?"

"A little, but you always lean into your shoulders so much." He said.

I smirk, as I decided to have a little fun with him.

"Oh, you mean like this?" I ask, raising my wings and unleash a wind and it made the young Night Fury giggled and smirked.

"Oh, is that you want to play it out?" He asks. Then he notices two other dragons who were talking to one other. A Nightmare and a Gronkle.

"Hey, maybe we can ask them for directions."  Hiccup said.

They were competing against each other.

"That's great, Snoutlout. I know it would impress her." The Gronkle said.

The lady dragon rolls her eyes.

I asked, "Hey, excuse me?"

Both dragons looked at me, "What you want?" The Dragon's voice echoes.

"What was that?" The Gronkle asks. 

"Just a moment. Hey, be Quiet!" 

"Quiet!" 

"Just be Quiet!" 

Both dragons were arguing with their own echoes like crazy, and Hic looks directly at me and said, "I think they been in their competions way too long." 

I chuckled softly at his joke. 

Then he sniffs the air. 

"Hey, I know this place!" 

"Really?" I ask. 

"Yeah, Dragon's Den isn't far from where we are right now!" 

I chuckled, then the Night Fury said, "We just have to go through here." 

It was a lava gyser!

My mouth was opened wide with shock. 

Hiccup can't be serious about this right?!?

Hiccup looks at me and asks, "What?"