Chapter 8

Skyla

I couldn't believe that Hiccup suggest we go through a lava geyser! I mean it is kind of dangerous and it could lead to trouble if we aren't too careful.

I followed the young Night Fury as we begin our scary trip through the lava geyser. 

I ask, "Hic, are you sure this is a good idea?" 

He replies, "I'm sure! It's the only way we can reach to Dragon's Den, I'm sure of it." 

As I continue walking, I step through a geyser, and it cracks an opening gas, which startles me. 

I knew that would help in a situation, but I knew that there is danger around. 

I ask, "Hiccup?"

The Night Fury didn't respond to my call.

"Hic? Com'on, bud, where are you?" I ask, then I used my senses to track the Night Fury down, but then he tackles me from behind, giving me a scare.

"Ahh!" I cried, which gave the young dragon to laugh at me. 

Hiccup

I laughed of my prank as the Razorwhip was angry of what I've done to her. 

"Don't scare me like that!" Skyla exclaimed, getting herself up. 

"I scared you to death, didn't I?" I chuckled as she said, "That was pretty reckless, Hic. I can't believe that you pulled a prank on me like that.

Didn't your mother teach you to be polite?" 

I ignored her, as I looked at directly at a lava geyser formation.

The dragon looks at it for a moment, then try to scare me.

I rolled my eyes at her and said, "Nice try, Skyla. But that didn't scare me at all."

The Razorwhip groans, but I noticed someone was going to strike her.

I gasped, "Sky!"

She giggled, "Hiccup, you're not getting me this time."

I said, seriously, in a scared tone, "No, Skyla, watch out!"

The spear came too close to her, as the dragon jumped.

That was when the hunter shows up with anger within his eyes, determined to get us at all cost.

Skyla was shocked, but I can hear sadness in her tone as she notices the hunter.

"No." She said.

I said, running as fast I can, "Skyla, come on! Let's get out of here while we still can!" 

Skyla

I couldn't believe it. It is Eric, now more determined to hunt us down. 

Hiccup was scared as he runs, "Skyla, come on! Let's get out of here while we still can!" 

Eric came closer to me, and I knew that I have to get away from my older brother somehow, but I really don't want to hurt him.

As I back away, I step into one of the lava gas geyser, which gave me an idea.

As he was going to attack, it took my dragon instincts and quick thinking.

I roared at my brother and pressed into the geyser and blew my brother away.

I run and saw the other side. 

"Skyla!" I hear Hiccup calling me. I couldn't leave my friend behind.

"Skyla, where are you?" He asks.

Eric

I couldn't believe that Razorwhip attacked me like that! 

I knew that I have to get revenge for Skyla and Ryic. 

I went through the gas as I grabbed my spear to follow those beasts.

Skyla

I run as I grabbed Hiccup and put him into my back.

"Sky, I think we need to-" Hiccup said, I said, "I know, I know, Hic!" 

I gulped, knowing this is my first attempt of flying on my own.

Hiccup notices Eric coming fast. "He's coming, Skyla!" 

I knew that this is our only chance to escape, so I opened my wings and flew! 

We managed to crash landed to the other side. 

We panted with sweat as Eric cries, "No! That can't be possible!" 

I stare at my brother, I felt bad for him, but I knew it was for the best. 

Hiccup said, pushing me, "Why you standing there, Skyla? We have to get out of here, remember? He's the enemy!" 

I thought, ' I'm so sorry, Eric. I really am.'

As I was about to leave, Eric does the impossible. 

He jumps across and lands on the log of a tree!

"Eric, no!" I roared, helplessly.

I run to his side, as he climbs we looked through each other's eyes.

The long begin to fell into the river below, and I couldn't save him.

I looked as I saw Eric out of the river, safely.

I sigh with relief as Hiccup looks at me.

"You all right, Skyla?" Hiccup ask, curiously.

"Yeah, I think so, Hic. Let's go." I replied as we continue our way. 

Hiccup asks, "Hey, Skyla, why does the humans hate us?"

"It's because we're dragons." 

"I don't understand." 

"We're killers, Hiccup." I said.

I was beginning to understand of why I did hate Dragons so much. I guess there's more of learning about Dragons more than I realize.

"You're too young to understand. When you're older you'll see what I'm talking about." 

"Hey, I'm going to beat you!" I ducked my head as I see little Terrors fly by.

Hiccup said, "Yeah, this is it! We made it, com'on!" 

I said to the young Night fury, "Hic, wait for me!" 

I run as fast I could to catch up to the dragon before I lost sight of him.