Chapter Twenty-One

Deja's POV

Nash and I pull up to the restaurant and I stare up in awe.  "How are we going to afford this baby?"  I ask reaching for my wallet.  Nash's hand grabs the wallet before me, "I can afford it babe.  Trust me." 

He gets out of the car and comes around to open my door.  His hand is extended out and I happily place my hand into his.  I stand up out of the car and lace my arm with Nash's as he shuts the door.  He locks the car and we begin to walk. 

"So we're absolutely sure we're gonna have this baby right?"  Nash asks me before reaching for the door.  I look up at him and smile, "Yes."  He nods and we head to where the other guys are.  Once we reach the table we see all the guys, including the ones that weren't here on Monday.  They all get up and hug us.

"Okay, before I let this dinner go on, or let Deja and Nash tell us their news I would like to introduce you to my girlfriend, who went to the bathroom and will be back soon."

We sit there for a couple minutes taking pictures and just getting caught up.  "Okayyyyy everyone, this is my girlfriend Gale."  I choke on my water and look up.  There stands my best friend.  "Gale?!"  I squeak giving them the most confused look ever.  "Gale I thought you were dating some guy in Montana?"  I question her, that whole time she's been dating Cameron?  I feel like I'm going to puke.  Nash squeezes my hand and I swallow the puke rising into my mouth, "Congratulations."

Nash looks at me and mouths "are you okay?".  I mouth back "do I have any choice?".  He just shakes his head and takes a drink of his Coke.  I lean back in my chair rubbing my tummy.  I need to learn to stay calm, I read that stress can effect the baby, so I need to take it easy.

We order food and talk while waiting for the food.  I talk to Matthew who is sitting to my right, "So did you know him and Gale were a thing?"  I ask him looking down at my stomach. 

"I had no clue babydoll, I swear."  He looks at me and frowns.  He raises his eyebrows at me.  "What's going on?  You keep touching your stomach."  I smile and turn around to Nash.

"Should we tell them our good news?" 

"Hell yeah baby."  He coughs and gets everyone's attention, "Gentleman.....and lady, Deja and I would like to share some wonderful news with you."  He pauses and wraps his arm around my back.  I smile and look at everyone as they wait for us to tell them.  I stand up and place my hands on my stomach, "Me and Nash are having a baby."

All their mouths drop.  Cameron looks like he's about to cry, Hayes is smiling, Carter looks furious at Nash, the Jack's both start clapping, Taylor pats Nash on the back, Aaron stares at us, and Matt stands up and gives Nash and me a big hug.

"I'm so happy for you babydoll."  Matt says sniffling.

"I'm going to be an uncle?"  Cameron asks.  He doesn't look like he's processing the news.

"You're gonna be an uncle man."  Nash says walking over to Cameron.  Cam stands up and shakes Nash's hand before pulling him into a hug.  "We're having a baby, Cam, can you believe it?"  Nash says laughing. 

We all sit down as the food is being brought out.  I look at my shrimp scampi and like my lips. Nash pokes his fork into one of my shrimp so I take a piece of his chicken Alfredo.  He gives me a insulted look.  I kiss his nose and continue eating my meal.  I have this feeling as if someone is staring at me from behind and I turn my head slightly.  I almost choke on my food when I see who is standing at our table.

I tense as everyone is already looking over my shoulders at the body towering over me.  Nash's face grows with anger.  Cameron stands up and walks to block me.  "Nash, get Deja out of here.  Now."  His voice is firm and it scares me.  "I'm not going to let this idiot ruin our night.  And I'm sure the hell not going to let you go to jail for assault."

Nash rises from his seat and grabs my arms.  I look up at him startled.  "Nash that kinda hurt."

"I'm sorry I just-we have to leave.  Come on baby hurry up."  He lets go of my arms and digs through his pockets for his keys.

"Deja, I think we need to talk."  Someone reaches out for my shoulder.  "A little birdy just texted me the news.  When were you going to tell me you're pregnant?"

I stop and look at Gale, who is smiling down at her phone.  You have got to be fucking kidding me.  "Damion.  This child is not yours.  Kitten is Nash's and even if it wasn't, which I shall say again, it isn't, Nash would still be the one to help me raise the child.  Please never contact me."

I grab Nash's hand and we walk out of the restaurant.