3: The Heart Thumps Faster

" Niko!!!! Niko!!! "

-_- llll " shit. " You thought. You knew that voice anywhere. You have to hide. Run. Do something. So you decided to stand behind urahara kisuke. Your new group leader.

Urahara: eh? Eh?!! What are you doing?!! Niko!!

Niko: ssshhh!!! He'll know I'm here.

Urahara: no... He already knows. He's walking towards us.

" Niko. Stop hiding!! I can see you!!"

Urahara : ha ha ha ... Kurosaki taichou.

You walk out " tsk. "

Isshin : what's that for?!!

Niko: tsk.

Isshin: enough with the tsk!!

Niko: tsk.

Toshiro: you two are being childish.

Isshin: she started it first!! Hitsugaya!!

Toshiro sighs " taichou. Couldn't you just let her be?"

Isshin: ale? Speaking up for her... hitsugaya. You know her?

Toshiro: ah.

Isshin: eh~~ girlfriend?!!

Toshiro blushes " it's not like that!! You know her too!! Don't you, taichou!!"

Isshin: that's different!! Niko and I have known each other for a long time.

Urahara: I didn't know that.

Niko: no no. Not a long time. It was never that long time.

Isshin: I'm so sad. Niko. All the times we had together.

Toshiro: please refrain from saying misleading things . Taichou.

Isshin: when are you free? Niko. We need to go there again.

Urahara: oh... Niko. You should tell me you have an appointment with kurosaki taichou. I would have let you off early.

Niko: don't. Don't. I am fine.

Isshin: so mean~~
_________________________________

You went to visit him that night. You knocked onto his room door. He opens it " ... Niko. "

Niko; yo. Long time no see. Can I come in?

Toshiro: sure.

You entered the room. It was the first time you entered his room. For some reason... After you heard the door close behind you, you felt a weird sense of... Of insecurity. You started to imagine that... That he would do stuff to you. But those thoughts didn't make you want to leave the room. It made your heart thump faster.

Why did I even suggest that in the first place?

" Niko. Niko!" His voice snapped your thought.

Niko: gomen. Deep thought.
(Sorry)

He sat down at the table. You sat down beside him " how's being a san seki?"

Toshiro: fine. Matsumoto always never does the paperwork, so I have to do it.

Niko: I see...

Toshiro: how about you? What position were you given?

Niko: oh. No position. Just working in a group under urahara kisuke. That man you saw this afternoon.  He's a nice person. I get to disturb him and slack at times.

Toshiro: sounds like you're having quite a good life.

Niko: I guess...

Toshiro: are you ok?

He had noticed that your answer wasn't a happy one. You were unconsciously too honest with your answer. You regretted a little with that answer. You were too used to it to being honest with him about your feelings.

That's right... Your feelings... You missed him. It was weird. You didn't understand why you had this feeling...

You had to reply something...

1) " yea... I'm fine. I think. "

2) " ... .... ... I have to go. "
_________________________________

1) " yea... I'm fine. I think. "

Toshiro: you sure?

Niko; don't bother with that. It's nothing important.

Toshiro: if you say so. So what's that thing my taichou was talking about?

You tried to laughed as happily as you can " it's nothing. It's just mixed gender onsen. "

Toshiro: I see... -_- pervert.

Niko: kind of neh. Hahaha...

You noticed that he had let go of the previous matter. You gave a breath of relief. For some reason... You didn't want him to know about the real reason you were a bit sad. That... You missed him.

You couldn't understand why either. But it sure made you frustrated.  You decided you weren't able to handle this conflicted feelings in you. To tell and not not tell.

You stood up and forced a smile " I need to go. I still have missions tomorrow. "

Toshiro: you'll still come to visit me right? As a friend.

" Of course. " This time, it was a genuine smile. It made you happy... He wanted you to see him more.

_________________________________

2) " ... .... ... I have to go. "

Toshiro: go? You just came. What happened?

Niko: no... nothing!!

Toshiro: doesn't seem like nothing.

Niko: you ask too much questions and worry too much. Look... Erm... I have missions tomorrow. See you .... See you tomorrow ok?

Toshiro: ok.

You flash stepped and got out of there.

What was that... I panicked ... For what? I didn't want him to get worried for me. It's not like I did something wrong... What's this feeling...

You could still feel your heart thump fast. It didn't want to peace down. You tried to take a few deep breaths... Finally... It calms a bit down.

What is wrong with me...?