6: Miss Me

Yoruichi: I have a mission for you. Niko.

Niko: what is it?

Yoruichi: you know of the recent disappearance of shinigamis don't you?

Niko: you want me to investigate on that?

Yoruichi: ah. Gomen. I can only send you.

Niko: I understand. Taichou... Wouldn't Soi Fon be a better choice than me? She's like your student right?

Yoruichi: I have other plans for her.

Niko: Hai.

Urahara: if its weird, tell me.

Niko: .... Why do I have a feeling you know what this is about.

Urahara: just a guess.

Niko; .... I understand. I will be going.

Yoruichi: don't you want to meet someone before you go?

Niko; .... Should I?

Urahara: you should. You know... In case...

In case ... I die... Huh...

Niko: um.
__________________________________

Toshiro: Niko.

Niko: hitsugaya. I... I have a mission to go to.

Toshiro: oh. Good luck.

Niko: I might be gone for a very very very very long time.

Toshiro: erm... Ok. Be careful. When will you be back?

Niko: don't know. If ... If I take too long to come back...

1) " forget me. "

2) " just remember me. "
__________________________________

1) " forget me. "

Toshiro: forget you? Are you going to do something dangerous?

You couldn't hold back anymore " you'll miss me right?! If you don't see me. " You asked with worry. Tears were going to fall. You wanted so bad for him to at least remember you.

You understood now. He was important to you. How he felt about you. How he thought about you.

" Never mind that. " You clenched your fist. There was something you had to say. You don't know what was it... Was it those words? Were those the ones?  But you knew he was important.

Should I tell him? That he's important to me? No... I can't... If I... Really die... Then I. Just wasting his time.

You had made your decision. You turned away " miss me . Ok? " And you flash stepped. Without even waiting for a response.

__________________________________

2) " just remember me. "

Toshiro: remember you? For?

Niko: just ... Remember me. Miss me.

That's right. That's all you could ask him to do. You've already realised. He is important to you. But you didn't know what else to say.

There was greater chance you wouldn't be able to see him anymore.  You were more afraid he would forget you than dying.

Because... If he forgot you... If that happened... You could feel like your entire world would come crushing down on you. Because that would mean... You no longer had a place in his heart or mind anymore.

You wanted that. You realised that now.

What an irony... Only when I probably will die. What idiot I must have been. If only I knew... No... If only I told you... I love you earlier...