7: Momo Hinamori

You had returned from your mission. The first thing on your mind... Hitsugaya Toshiro. You went to his barracks and looked at him from the outside. You suddenly realized how stupid that was.

It's not like he would know you would be here. He wouldn't ever know you were here to visit him.

But for some reason... You were just relieved... Relieved that he was sleeping soundly. Safely. You gave a breath of relief and left.
__________________________________

Yoruichi woke up sensing your presence. She slides open the door " you're back. Niko. "

Niko: Hai.

Yoruichi: any new discoveries?

Niko: not really. Just confirmed the doubt in your head. Taichou. The disappearance of the shinigamis definitely have something to do with the hollows sudden increase.

Yoruichi: I see. Thanks for your hard work. You may go now.

Niko: should I pass this information to kisuke?

Yoruichi: ah. Do so.

Niko: Hai.
__________________________________

You went to see him again the next morning.

Isshin: oh. Niko!! Drink? Onsen?

Niko: not today. Have you seen hitsugaya?

Isshin: no. He went to the academy.

Niko: I see... So weird. I understand.
__________________________________

You went to look for him at the academy. That's when you saw him talking happily to another girl. Your heart sunk.

It was a terrible feeling you never felt before. Your heart felt really heavy, it hurt. You turned away. You didn't see what you just saw. You have to leave. Yes... That's the right thing to do. But your feet felt heavy... Like they couldn't move.

It was as if like you felt ... Maybe there was something you could do to change what you just saw. Maybe it's just your imagination.

What imagination... It's not like we two were lovers. He has the right to love whoever he wants. That girl... She really... Gives him happiness?

You had to turn around. You had to know if that girl really made him happy. You turned...

And he called for your name " Niko? Niko!!"

1) You went over .

2) You flash stepped and left.
__________________________________

1) You went over.

Niko: ha... Hitsugaya.

Toshiro: Niko. Your back?

Niko: yea... Back... From my mission. This is...

Toshiro: this is Hinamori. Momo Hinamori.

Even to call her first name... They must be close.

You forced a smile " I see. Yushiro Niko desu. "

Hinamori: oh!! So you are that best friend!!

Niko: I guess.

Hinamori: how come I didn't see you at all?

Toshiro: she had to go on a mission.

Niko: a three year mission. No choice... My taichou asked me to.

Hinamori: eh~ I see.

Niko: nice to meet you. I guess... I shouldn't interrupt the both of you. I should go. *Smiles*