5: Joint Mission

Urahara: going over already?

Niko: um. Why?

Urahara: that's unusual.

Niko: what unusual?

Urahara: you waking up early. I already wake up late. You wake up later than me.

Niko: shut up!!

Urahara: because of that san seki? Hitsugaya toshiro?

You blushed a little " what? No. It's cos kurosaki taichou asked me to go over. Special permission. So you know... Important. "

Urahara: you're blushing~~

Niko: no I'm not!! I'm leaving!!

Yoruichi came over " oh. Yushiro. Where are you going? Why are you blushing? "

Niko: I'm not!! Taichou!!

Yoruichi: liar. You can't lie. Can you? Hehe.

Niko: taichou!! That's not true!! I'm... I'm leaving!!

Yoruichi: where?

Niko: ju ban tai. Where kurosaki taichou is. Special mission.

Yoruichi: oh... That's right. Oh! Remember to tell him, he owes me one!!

" Hai Hai. " And you flash stepped.
__________________________________

You knocked onto the door.

Isshin : come in.

You slide the door and walked in. You bowed " ni ban tai, Yushiro Niko desu. Reporting for duty. "

" Oh!! You're here~~ " isshin walks to your side and places his arm around your neck " let's have a drink before you start your mission. "

Niko: why me? There must be someone in your squad you can use.

Isshin then turned serious " well. Of course because I need your black corps skills. This hollow attacks people's back. It would be easier with you around and less casualty. " Then he continued to joke around " how many could you drink last time? This time I must win you!!"

Niko: hmph. Please. I drank wine when I was born.

Isshin: why the sudden question? I thought you would have agreed happily.

Niko: just curious. Is hitsugaya on the mission?

Isshin: um. Matsumoto too.

Niko: oh. I see.
__________________________________

Matsumoto: isn't this great? We have a black corps with us. We'll surely catch this thing. You will do the paperwork right?

Toshiro: you should try doing them yourself. Rangiku-san.

Niko: paperwork? You mean writing a report on what we did?

Toshiro: you guys don't have to do that?

Niko; we do. Just not a lot. Since most of the patrol we do don't find anything special.

Matsumoto: that's so lucky!!

Toshiro: will we even find that hollow? By just walking around like that.

Niko:  you've guys tracked the hollow before. Track it again.

Matsumoto: Hai Hai.

Niko: ah. No need.

You sensed a presence looking at the three of you.  

Niko: don't turn around. It's behind us. I wonder when it's going to jump on us.

And... The three of you continued walking forward cautiously. It wasn't long before the hollow decided that it was impatient and jumped. You could feel. It aimed for you. What happened next made you think for a second...

1)  You push toshiro away who was going to turn around and stand by your back to defend the hollow for you.

2) You liked the way toshiro had defended your back for you. It was probably a bad idea. You hesitated...
__________________________________

1)  You push toshiro away who was going to turn around and stand by your back to defend the hollow for you.

You took the hit. The hollow crashed upon you. You were stuck below it's leg. The hollow laughed at its easy capture.

Toshiro: Niko!!

This was certainly getting on your nerves. It's not like you needed help to get out of this situation. You looked to toshiro. He did look kind of worried for you. 

Niko: hitsugaya.

Toshiro: don't move!!

" Hahaha... This one seems like a really nice one to eat. A lot of reiatsu to eat. "

" Ugly monster. " You said with a hint of disgust.

" What?!! "

This was the reason why kurosaki isshin requested you. You could still defend yourself even if your back was being exposed, attacked. You released your shikai " kaijou , kusari hime" ( release chains princess ) Your zanpaktou melted into chains that encircled your arms. You grabbed onto the hollow's leg and the chain wrapped around its leg .

The hollow panicked and tried to kick you off away from him. You fly a distance as you release more of your chains. You managed to gain a stance by standing up .

Matsumoto ran to your side. " Daijobu? ( Are you ok ) "

Toshiro took the chance to flash stepped forward and slashed the hollow into half. The hollow disappeared with that slash.

With that... You collapsed. The kick from the hollow did, did some injury on you.

Matsumoto: Niko!! Niko!!
.
.
.
Toshiro : isane-san. She's awake.

Isane: are you feeling ok? Niko.

You sit up holding your head " ... Mmm... Head... "

Isane: you just need rest. She should be ok. *Leaves*

Toshiro; I was trying to protect your back. You shouldn't push me away. Trust me more.

Niko: gomen. It's just... I didn't want you hurt.

Toshiro: then it's not ok for you to get hurt either.

Niko: ok...

He sighs " get some rest." And you watches him leave. You were kind of happy you got scolded.

Toshiro cares about me.

__________________________________

2) You liked the way toshiro had defended your back for you. It was probably a bad idea. You hesitated...

But that hesitation brought its consequences. You saw him get kicked away by the hollow. He landed a distance away on his front. He stood up " I'm fine. "

You felt guilty. If you didn't hesitate, you would have been the one hurt. Not him. It was all your fault. You clenched your fist... You released your shikai " kaijou , kusari hime" ( release chains princess ) Your zanpaktou melted into chains that encircled your arms.

You ran towards the hollow . It uses its hand to swipe at you. You jump up onto its arm and jumped up again avoiding another swipe attack from the other hand. You used this moment to release your chains to his neck. The chains from your arm was slids down your arm as you threw the sharp end spear of the chain to the ground. You then landed on the ground you took one last jump away from it.

The hollow grabbed onto the chain and tugged onto it " what's this?!!!"

Toshiro: I see that's the reason why taichou requested you.

Niko: not possible to run anywhere now.

Matsumoto finishes the job as she slices the hollow.

You felt guilty as you saw him held onto his stomach " gomen... How about I accompany you to yon ban tai? " ( Squad 4 )

Toshiro : it's not your fault.

Niko : it is my fault... I should have pushed you away.

Toshiro: we're friends. Friends do things for each other.

Niko: friends... Um. Come on. Let's go. I'll bring you to yon ban tai.

Friends....