Goodnight

It was silent besides the crackling fire everyone taking in the story of Milo and I life.

I looked over at Milo he looked the same. We haven't ever shared that part of our lives.

"I...I need a break" I announced getting up. Milo looked at me worriedly, "I am just going for a run Milo" I turned back around.

 Milo looked at me worriedly, "I am just going for a run Milo" I turned back around

Changing into a wolf and I started running. Feeling the breeze brush through my fur and the cold air was a thrill. But when a pain seared through my foot I went tumbling into the snow.
When I finally stopped rolling I was on my back, but I was smiling, on the inside anyway. I rolled around in the snow letting my stress roll off me in waves. After a few minutes of joy, I rolled back on to my stomach and poked the cold snow with my nose.

 After a few minutes of joy, I rolled back on to my stomach and poked the cold snow with my nose

I looked around the silent air before getting back up. Next destination was a mountainside. I looked across the frozen land remembering the once green land. I sighed contently.

It was a while before I headed back.

I made the mistake of running and I skidded across our campsite. I changed back to human standing upright looking around to see if I woke anyone. Lucy and Susan asleep, Milo, Beavers check. My eyes scanned for Peter, but I didn't have time to look, my leg buckled out from under me. I fell into the cushiony snow with a thud. I looked at the starry night sky before supporting myself on my elbows.

"Are you alright?"

I internally jumped and looked at Peter who was inching closer.

"Sorry didn't mean to wake you" I sighed looking at my ankle.

"I was already awake" He shrugged.

There were bite marks sown up and I just broke the stitches. "Are you alright?" Peter asked again, my eyes scanned the camp till it landed on a little sewing kit.

"Fine" I groaned shifting my ankle,

"Could you get me that" I pointed to it and he gave it to me.

I grew ice around my ankle numbing the pain. I crawled over to the dim fire and stuck a needle in it, once it was cleaned and cooled I removed the ice from my now completely numb ankle. I saw Peter out of the corner of my eye watching my every move. I looked between my ankle and the needle in my hands. After some mental debating, I started sowing myself up. It hurt less than I planned and I am sure the frozen numbness of it helped.

I tied myself up and grew another sheet of ice over it to help make sure I don't break it again.
I let out a small sigh falling back into the snow.

"Why are you up Peter?"

I broke the silence. I shifted to my side so I could look at him, his ocean blue eyes bore into mine.

"I...I am-"

"Worried about your brother. I am truly sorry, Peter. He's alive I can tell you that" I sighed, "She needs him to get us. I am sorry I should have done something. I don't know. Maybe inferred that he saw the Witch when he went to Narnia"

I felt Peter move so he was laying next to me.

"No, it's m-"

I put my hand over his mouth.

"Peter it's not your fault. None of this was your fault"

I closed my eyes turning the other way. I could feel Peter shivering behind me. I shifted to my wolf form moving closer to him.

"Thank you" He whispered into my fur and I smiled.